The Hovercraft

Chapter 5:

I walk with Pythia down a hallway and out a door. There is a hovercraft waiting on platform. "Good luck", she says, I can tears in her eyes. Obviously this reminds her too much of her games. "Thank you" I say. I make my way up the stairs and climb into the hovercraft. Once we've left the ground a lady comes round with a needle. "Arm" she says. I hold out my arm and she puts the needle in. I can feel the tracker going in. Once the hovercraft lands the peacekeepers lead us off. The peacekeepers walk next to me, directing me down a long hallway, making sure I can't run off. After walking past about 5 doors, we finally reach the door with G-9 on it. They open the door and push me inside. I hear the click of the lock and I know there's no way of getting out. I look up and see Tynaga standing there. I run over to her and give her a hug. Tears start to fall down my cheeks. "What's wrong" asks Tynaga, as if she has no idea. I don't know, maybe I'm about to go into an arena a killed, I think to myself. "I'm scared" I say. "You're strong, you're brave, you're beautiful" she says. I look up at her, she smiles, "you got a perfect score in training, I don't know how you managed it, but you did, and if you can do that, you can do this" she says. I wipe the tears from my face. She hands me a light wait jacket. "Here, this will keep you warm in the arena". A voice over the microphone lets us know we have 30 seconds. I walk towards the tribute tube, but Tynaga stops me. She grabs my shoulders and looks me in the eyes, "you can win I know can, I believe in you". I step into the tube and the glass closes around me. Tynaga blows me a kiss and I blow one back. The platform below me starts to move, lifting me up into the arena.