The Interview

Chapter 4:

I walk into the room and sit on the metal table. After a few minutes three people walk in; a tall lady with extremely long fluro green hair, a bald man with blue skin and short lady with curly pink hair. They introduce them selves and lay me down on the table. They wax my legs, pluck my eye brows, rub cream all over my body and wash my hair. Then they introduce me to my stylist. "Hi, my name is Tynaga". She is a young woman with short spiky hair in rainbow colours. "Hi, I'm Kaley Rose," I say. "Take a seat Kaley and we'll get started"says Tynaga. Tynaga does my makeup, gold eyeshadow and eyeliner with shiny lip gloss. She brushes and straightens my hair. She finally curls my hair. "I picked out a gold sparkly dress for your interview, gold to represent grain," Tynaga says walking out of the room. She walks back into the room carrying a strapless floor length gown, gold and sparkly, just as she said. I slide into it and I fits perfectly, I walk over and stand in front of the mirror. Tynaga hands me a pair of gold heels and put them on. I line up behind districts 1-8. Weston stands next to me. He's wearing a black tuxedo with gold stripes around the edge. Finally the districts in front of disappear until it's my turn. I go to walk towards the stage, but I completely stack it. Everybody still in line laughs. Weston grabs my hand and helps me up. "I've never worn heels this high before," I say. "I can tell". I laugh. " Good luck," says Weston. I walk on the stage as carefully as I can. I sit down on the chair next to Caesar. He has green hair this time. "How are you Kaley," he asks. "Good thank you and how are you" I ask. "Great, thank you for asking" he says. "Your welcome" I reply. "So tell me," Caesar begins, "how are your parents with all of this?". "I'm not sure, I haven't seen my mother since before the reaping" I say. "Oh, why not?" asks Caesar. "Well, when I was reaped I passed out and hit my head. I didn't wake up until I was on the train, on my way to the Capitol" I say. "Well when did you last see your father?" He asks. "I've never actually met my father". My mum has never told me who my mother is an I'm afraid to ask, because it might upset her. "And a little birdie tells me you got 12/12 for your training score". "Yes I did" I say smiling. "And how did you manage that?" He asks. "Are you doubting me Caesar?" I ask. "No no, of corse not. I was just curious". "Well I'll guess you'll find out during the games" I say. "I guess we will" says Caesar. "Thank you for time" says Caesar, "will you do us the honours?". I step forwards and twirl around. The audience claps and I leave the Stage.