Chapter 14 : Believer.

ALICE'S POV :

                  Growing up I was never a believer.

I never believed in Ghost. . Spirits that roams around after death. I don't even believe in the Afterlife or the other side. I believe that when people die, they just die, go to either heaven or hell. End of the story.

That's why I was never scared.

My aunties, mom and I are addicted to scary movies. We would gather every weekend, with pop corn, fast food and a well picked scary movie. And let me tell you something, they choose really scary movies about dark spirits and all that.

But I was never scared. I would never look away from a scary scene, my eyes would be glued to the screen. I wouldn't even flinch on a jump scare.

           Because I knew it wasn't real.

            I was never a believer.

            So as I stood here, in this dark narrow ally. Thunder rolling above me, the wind picked up making me shiver even with all the adrenaline running high in my body. I still did not believe this. A bad nightmares, that's all this is.

Even when I thought I had all the pieces together for me to put one on one, I couldn't. Something is still missing here.

"Who are you. . .?" I repeated my question with more force.

He let out a small chuckle. "I don't know how to put the answer for your non-existent brain to understand"

"I asked who are you, Moron. Not solve a physics equation." I regretted saying that as soon as the words were out. 

There was a long pause. I could feel his heated glare on me "I'd watch my tongue if I were you, Princess." He said between clenched teeth. And just like that, his sarcastic tone vanished.

My skin pimpled, and this time it wasn't the cold wind, but the way he emphasized princess. I wanted to reply to that, but I don't think my sarcastic remarks are appreciated at this moment. .

To say I was scared was nothing. His unpredictable actions terrified me. I thought he would kidnap me or kill me by now. But all he was doing was just standing there, I don't know what he is up to and I am not planning on figuring it out anytime soon. 

Right now, I need to get the hell out of here. I looked behind me as I studied the distance between me and the exit of this stupid ally, and I thought that If I took a few steps backwards first then ran I would make it.

I wish I never took this creepy ally as a shortcut, but I guess people never know what future holds for them.

His throaty voice paused my plan for a brief moment. "I was absolutely thrilled when you decided to take this way back home. I thought to my self, who would walk through a fucking dark creepy ally like this, alone in the middle of night?" He paused dramatically, his hand under his chin as if he was thinking then his head slowly turned to me.

"Imbecile people, who screams 'I am a prey, come and get me.' Just like you." His voice went a pitch higher almost mocking mine.

"You're lazy ass couldn't find it in her to take the long, safest way back home. I wonder what would you do in more exhausting. . Activities" He hummed, I cringed when the'exhausting activities' sounded like something dirty and disgusting. I caught glimpse of his jaw when he took a few steps towards me, I was surprised to see stubble. His lips stretched in a smirk. 

              I watched carefully, with my body alarmed as he took slow steps towards me. Something wet dropped on my forehead and I felt the drop make it's way down my nose. I looked up towards the dark clouded sky and flinched when another drop landed on my cheeks.