Chapter 12 : Goosebumps

ALICE'S POV :

I am imagining stuff. I thought with my eyes glued on the scene folding infront of me.

Who is that? The girl that looked exactly like my best friend that is right now laughing and stepping out of Johns jeep is definitely not Alison who I was watching a movie and hanging out with.

But who was that? Unless, Alison who is with John infront of my house is the real Alison, my best friend. And the girl or the person. . . The thing I was with is someone or something else that looked like Alison.

Goosebumps formed on my back as I felt a presence behind me and I whipped around to the dark living room, eyes wandering around every dark corner. My quick loud breaths filled the quiet, empty space.

"Were you calling for me?" I screamed, my back slamming to the door. Alison stood there in the middle of the dark living room titling her head to the side with a frown. I couldn't move, I concluded but I shook my head no as an answer.

"But I heard your pathetic voice do so" I screamed again pressing my back harder against the door when she started walking towards me.

I turned back around and quickly turned the key to unlock the door. The cold air hit me as I rushed outside towards my friends.

"Alice?" John was the first one to notice me, wrapping his arms around my shaking body when I crashed to his chest.

"Where were you??" I finally forced the words out of my mouth to the girl who is frowning from the other side of the jeep.

"I told you, I was at the party with John. . ." she trailed of, her confused tone matched her frown. My bottom lip quivered as I was trying to hold back the tears.

"Alice, are you okay?" John questioned but I didn't answer him, all I was thinking about was the fact that the girl standing infront of me was indeed Alison.

With the fact that I forgot how to get oxygen into my body. I backed away from John and. . . Alison, I turned around and ran. Ignoring John's shouting my name, Alison calling for me to wait.

I ran till my feet ached, I ran till my breathing turned shallow, till it was almost unbearable to cope with the pain in the nape of my neck that was caused by my overly-increased heartbeat.

I probably look crazy right now, running in the middle of the night barefeet with no current distination.

I slowed down, the need of air forcing me to stop and when I did I felt everything spin around, black dots filling my vision and the last thing I remember before darkness envolved me was the sound of my head slamming to the floor.

I groaned as I felt a throbbing pain on the side of my head. Where Am I was the first question on my mind. I noticed I wasn't laying on the street but on what seemed like a soft bed. Sunrays didn't hit my eyes when I opened them, my familiar room was dark except for the lamp sitting on the nightstand.

I threw the blankets off of me and walked to the bathroom, turning on the lights I let out a loud gasp when I saw the red words on my mirror.

You're not dreaming.

The curtain of the tub on my left was suddenly pulled back and I shrieked. All I could see was red, but what my eyes was focusing on was not that. Peanut was there, laying there with his stomach slashed open, blood covering his brown fur and his guts out on display.