Chapter 8 : Mom's birthday (part 2)

ALICE'S POV :

(20/12/2013)

I shivered from the unforgivable cold weather of December and hugged my jacket tighter around my body.

It's that time of the month again.

And no, I don't mean the girls time of the month. . . Perverts.

It's time of the month in which I have to go visit my parents in Ohio for the weekend.

Why did they have to move so far? 

Who am I to complain, I am the one who wanted to stay here just so I can stay with my friends and complete school here. And decided to live with aunt Sarah and her three years old son.

After taking her permission if I can stay with her of course.

She happily agreed, And then I told my parents about this idea and they surprisingly accepted, but their only condition was that I have to visit them once every month.

I sighed and got into my black mini-coper. placing my cappuccino that I just got from Starbucks in the cup holder to keep me warm and sober.

I started the car and instantly Rosses by the chain smokers blared through the speaker, smiling I started my drive to the airport singing along with the song.

I stopped at the traffic light and took a sip from my coffee. After a while, the light turned green and I stepped on the gas. glancing at the rear view before rounding a corner. That's when I saw the white mustache.

I laughed... It happens every time.

Eyes still on the road I tried to reach a tissue from the backseat, but it's too far.

Since the road ahead of me is empty and there is no car in sight, I turned fully around and tried once again to reach it, my hands still on the gear.

That's when I heard a loud piercing horn and I whipped around, eyes wide I hit the break hard. But it was too late.

Sounds of Cars crashing filled my ears and before my wide shocked eyes can take everything that is happening . . . Everything went black.

~^~
(present day)

My eyes snapped open as a tiny gasp made It's way out of my mouth but my body remained still laying on the bed.

I laid wide awake as I recalled the day that hunted me and my nightmares. Two years since the accident and I still can't get it off of my mind. It was my first car accident that's why if affected me that much.

I don't remember what happened after it, though. All I remember is that I woke up two days after the accident in the hospital bed, with a broken left arm, left leg and a big bruise on my right cheek. Surrounded by my mom, dad, Mason, and aunt Sarah.

I asked my parents -who took the nearest fly here when they heard the news- about what happened, they said that I crashed with a black car that got me unconscious and luckily the driver survived with not as bad injuries as mine.

Thank god.

I wouldn't have been able to live with the guilt knowing that I killed someone.

Oh no I wouldn't. . .

I glanced at my nightstand clock to see that it's one-thirty on Thursday morning, I turned on my side and closed my eyes trying to go back to sleep.

I couldn't.

My parents moved back from Ohio a few month's later, of course not forgetting to forbid me from driving any car, parents.

ِAfter a few minutes, my eyes snapped open when I felt the pressure building in my core, I need to go to the bathroom.