Part 1

Shiro placed his hand on yours causing a blush to creep on both of your faces. You had never known him to be so open with anybody, you weren't expecting him to be like this. He locked eyes with you, not daring to look away. His flesh hand was rough, but it felt good to you. You had suspected for sometime now that the black paladin had taken a liking to you but you never knew he would act on his feelings, especially knowing you were with Keith.
You had knocked on his door to let him know that dinner was ready, only to find him crying silently. You being the caring person you were had to try and help him calm down. You had never seen Shiro cry before let alone show that much emotion, normally he was very stoic. He has been through a lot with being kidnapped by the Galra fleet, and tortured, you felt bad for him. So you listened to his problems that was running through that mind of his, but never expected what happened.
His metal hand reached out to touch your cheek, caressing it. Your eyes shot wide open, unsure of what was going on. Your head was spinning, you couldn’t do this to Keith, you cared for him, you would never.
"(Y/N) I-" Keith stood in the door, wide eyed and angry. His fist gripping Shiro's door frame, his eyes glaring at the both of you.
"Keith I can explain." He turned around stomping away. You ran after him, leaving Shiro hanging. Keith was not listening to what you were saying, he saw enough. Shiro had his hands on you, you knew it looked horrible, but you hadn't done anything wrong.
"Keith please stop, it's not what it looked like. We were jus talking, nothing more. I swear it!" You went to grab his shoulder, he turned around and grabbed your wrist. You saw hurt and disappointment in his eyes.
"He was about to kiss you, and you were going to do what?" You were taken back by venom in his voice, it's been a while since you've seen him so mad.
"How could you even think about letting him do that?" His face contorted with anger, "I thought you cared about me, I ....I ..." Tears slipped down his face, as did yours, the both of you so upset.
"I thought I even loved you (Y/N)" his voice was low, barely audible, but loud enough you heard him. Your eyes went wide at his confession, he...loved...you.
"You....you love me?" You whispered back, you were so happy to hear that. Keith loves you. Those words kept ringing on your ears over and over again.
"But you broke my heart (Y/N), I don't know if I do anymore." Your heart shattered into a million pieces in the moment. Your whole world falling apart right in front of your eyes all because of Shiro and your caring heart.
Keith let go of your wrist and turned away from you proceeding to walk away.
"Keith...it's all a misunderstanding. Please hear me out" but he was too far away to hear you. A single tear slid down your face as the one you loved walked away.