Chapter 9

Scarlett's P.O.V

It was nice having my car back. The day after the concert my car was finally done so I didn’t have to ask Zayn for a ride. It had been about a week since I heard from him, we don’t have each others numbers and when I was home he wasn’t so we were not crossing paths.

I wanted to see him but he had not made an effort to see me. He led me on and then acts like nothing happened. I don’t understand him and I don’t think I ever will. At this point I don’t know if we will ever see each other again. I won’t be needing rides anymore so I have no excuse to see him. My parents obviously don’t like him so when they invite Mr. and Mrs. Akers he would not be welcomed.

After sharing affection like that I would think Zayn would want to see me; make sure I was alright. Especially after that joke he made, I was expecting him to make some sort of effort but I was wrong.

I knew I had to keep my mind off of him but it was so hard. Just that kiss made me go wild thinking about it. The way his lips matched up to mine, how soft his lips actually were. How gentle he started out then I deepened it. Maybe that was the problem. What if I scared him? Zayn doesn’t seem like the type of guy that would get scared by anything especially sexually but what if I am wrong? 

I need to get my mind off of Zayn, it isn’t doing me any good just sitting here thinking about him. I had more important things to get done, I am going to college in just a short month and I only have a few of my things ready.

To get my mind off of him, I decided to go upstairs and look at different room decors for my dorm. I hope that my roommate has a similar interest so we can coordinate our rooms together.

I must have lost track of time searching room ideas on Pinterest because before I knew it my phone said 4:00pm and my friend Niall was calling my phone.

“Hey Ni,” I said after sliding the unlock button to answer.

“Hey Scarlett! Are you busy?”

“Um, not really why?”

“Then come to a party with me. All my guy friends bailed on me.”

“Alright I will go.” At least for a few hours I could get my mind off of Zayn.

“Great! I will be there at six to pick you up!” The phone went dead before I could say anything else.

Turn my laptop off, I headed to the bathroom and turned the shower on.  I was excited to go to a party tonight. I needed to get out of the house and have some fun.

After the shower, I put on a black maxi skirt and a white crop top that was tight fitting. I curled my blonde hair in a loose wave then put foundation on and a nice summer eye with pink eyeshadows and a cat eye; I put a nude lipstick on my lips as well. I liked to wear makeup and it was always flawless and not cakey looking.

By the time I put my shoes on and sprayed my Victoria Secret perfume it was six and I was outside waiting for Niall to show up.

Niall had a beat up older car, I think it was a 2005 Honda. The car looked like he had gotten into a few wrecks when only he had been in one.  The guy he had bought it from was a really risk taker and Niall didn’t have the money to fix the outside of it.

When he pulled up, I got inside and put my seat belt on.

“Hello!” I gave him a smile as he drove off.

“Hey Scarlett, how are you?”

“I am alright,” I wasn’t about to tell him I was obsessing over a guy who is a dickhead.