Chapter 12

Zayn's P.O.V

I could never let anything happen to Scarlett. As crazy as it might sound I would do anything to keep her safe. Pulling away from the hug I touched her cheek as I look into her eyes. "Scar?"

Her eyes stared back at me, "Yes?" Her voice was so soft and the words just danced off her tongue.

"Remember when you said you would do anything for a ride?"

"Yeah..?" She looked unsure.

"I know what I want," I moved my hand down to hers and intertwined our fingers, "I want you to be my girlfriend."

Scar blinked at me in shock. I just admitted to her that I was part of the Mafia and now she is shocked that I asked her out? This girl drives me fucking insane.

"I don't know Zayn...I'm leaving in a month."

"Then say yes and after a month if I'm not what you want or I hold you down it will be the end of us. We will just have a summer fling; deal?"

She nodded and broke the stare, looking down at my chest.

"Why don't we do something this weekend? I know Fourth of July is a big holiday here."

"It is a big holiday but my family goes to the lake house for the weekend. We are actually supposed to leave in like an hour." She explained and looked at her phone for the time.

"I'll just go with you," I say looking at her.

"That's not a good idea. My parents despise you."

I shrug and look at her, "Talk them into it. I will be on my best behavior with them at least."

Scarlett sighs but nods, "Okay I will try. You better go pack though. I will text you when to come back over."

I nod and walk out of her room," I will see you soon." Heading down the stairs and to the front door; I walk back to my house and head up to my room to pack some clothes.

Scarlett's P.O.V

"Mom!" I yell and walk into the kitchen.

"Dear, are you ready? Has that boy left?" She looks at me.

"Yes, I'm ready and he has left but I have a question."

"What honey?"

I was nervous asking my mom if Zayn could go. I was never allowed to bring even Niall to the lake house why would she let me bring Zayn? "Can Zayn go with us to the lake?"

She looks at me like I had just spoken in a different language, "Absolutely not Scarlett! Are you kidding me?"

"Come on mom! He isn't that bad of a guy!" Oh sure he isn't, he was just involved with the British Mafia.

"No Scarlett that's final." She said as my dad walked into the house.

"Is everyone ready? I just have to shower." He asked, kissing my mother's cheek.

"Dad can Zayn come with us to the lake house?" It was a shot.

"I don't see why not," He looked at me.

"Really?" A grin grew on my face.

"Paul I told her no."

"Oh come on Heather, it will be fine. She is eighteen."

"Thank you dad!" I hugged him and ran upstairs to change my clothes and text Zayn.

*Hey, be here in 20 minutes!* I text him and grabbed a black tank top and a pair of jean shorts. Putting the clothes on and put some light makeup on and straightened my blonde hair. I spray my Victoria Secret perfume; I took my duffel bag and a backpack downstairs and to the garage for my dad to put in the car.