Chapter 14

Scarlett’s P.O.V

I was woken by knocking at the door; the curtains were black so the sun didn’t come in so well. I try to roll over to check the time but Zayn pulls me closer into him. Looking up at him, I smile and let out a yawn, his eyes are half way open looking at me.

“Morning,” He smiles down at me and sits up, “I will get the door.” Zayn gets up and walks over to the door in only his boxers. This wont be good.

“Zayn that isn’t-“I was too late as he opens the door and my mom is standing in the door way with her mouth falling open.

“Good morning,” Zayn says without even one bit of embarrassment in his voice.

“Um, morning,” My mother tries to look away as her cheeks go red; “Paul wanted me to come up and tell you we will be leaving to go on the boat in about an hour.” I had never seen my mom so embarrassed in her life.

“Okay we will be ready,” Zayn says and closes the door turning back to me with a smirk on his face.

“My mom hates you,” I laugh and sit up properly.

“Not the first time someone has,” He sits down on the bed facing me. His face turns from a light playful look to a worried sincere look, “How did you sleep?”

I keep my focus on his face then move it to my hands as I nod, “It was okay, sort of restless but I had enough.” I kept waking up with the thought of Colton. Having to explain something that I really have never told anyone was traumatic for me and brought back a lot of emotions I hated. “It was nice having you by my side though when I did get scared.”

Zayn touches my hand and I look up at his face which was close to mine now, “You should have woken me up.”

“There was no need for that; I went through nightmares and being scared for months after it happened alone, I can go one night without anyone. Don’t worry Zayn I’m fine.” I kiss his lips to reassure him then stood up. “Let’s get ready for the boat!” I smile and run into the bathroom towards my closet.

I love going on the boat, when I was little my dad use to let me sit on his lap and drive it around the lake. I would call myself a professional boat driver but some beg to differ with me on that.  When I’m on the lake it always makes me feel like time goes on forever. You never know how long you are really on the water. I had never experience a summer vacation with a boyfriend, I had always dreamed of it and now I get to find out why everyone loves it so much. 

Going to my closet I open the drawer that I keep all my bathing suits in, I had a mixture of bikinis and one pieces. I grab a hot pink bikini and closed the closet door right before Zayn walks up.

“Hey! Let me in,” He knocks on the door.

“No I’m changing!” I yell back at him and take his tank top off of my body and set in the hamper.

“Scar!” He whines and knocks again.

“Shut up,” I giggle and take my underwear off replacing it with my bikini bottoms. Right when I take my bra off, Zayn walks in, “Hey!”

“Never under estimate a guy who was in the mafia. We know all the tricks.” He smirks at me and holds up a credit card.

I cover my breast as my cheeks go red, “Such an asshole.” I laugh nervously.

“Turn around,” He says to me and walks closer.

I do what he says and replace my hands with the bikini top. Zayn grabs the string that goes around my neck and starts tying it as I hold my hair, “Do you know what privacy is?”