Chapter 17

Scarlett's P.O.V

"I love you," Zayn repeats as I stare at him.

How could someone love me? After the things I've been put through he still feels this way? "What do you love about me?" I ask.

Zayn looks deep in thought, as if he is making sure he says everything perfectly, " I love the way your hair looks in the morning, messy and not perfect, I love how when I watch you put your makeup on you get nervous because I ask you a shit load of questions. I love the smell of your skin after you get out of the shower," he stops talking and looks thoughtful again. " the one thing I love most about you is you have no judgement on anyone. I told you I was fucking part of the mafia and not once out of your mouth did I hear how bad of a guy I was or I should go to hell. You have such a kind heart Scarlett. I love everything about you and I want to discover you in more ways then anyone has ever had. I want to know every fear and dream you've ever had. I want to know every good and bad memory you've ever had. I am so far from perfect but I am willing to open up to you if you will open up to me." His eyes have so much passion and love in them.

I feel a tear come from my right eye as he finishes. No one has ever wanted to know me like he explains, they have never expressed why they loved me. Have never had someone say they love me like Zayn has.

"Please say something baby," Zayn speaks up and I realize I have been lost in my thought for a good few minutes now.

I walk over to him slowly and wrap my arms around his waist, "thank you, thank you for taking the time to be there for me."

"I always will be," he says and kisses the top of my head.

"Zayn?" I let go of him and look up to meet his brown eyes, "I love you."

He smiles and leans down to kiss my lips. Pulling my hips into his he keeps his lips locked with mine synchronizing our movements together.

If it wasn't for my stomach beginning to growl I would have forgotten I hadn't eaten all day. Pulling my lips from Zayns I let out a small laugh, "I sort of haven't eaten at all."

"Well let's go get dinner." He says and takes my hand into his and we walk back to his car.

Zayn starts up his car and begins to drive closer to home. Looking down at what I'm wearing I remember that I'm in sweatpants, the short I wore last night to bed and flip flops, "can we just do fast food. I'm not really dressed to go in a restaurant." I ask him.

He looks over at me briefly then back I the road, "If you want. I can take you back home so you can change before we eat."

I think about for a second, wondering if I would want to see my parents but I know eventually I would have to face them, "okay, yeah that works."

About 20 minutes later we pull up to my house and I step out. Zayn turns off the car and gets out as well. "You don't have to come in."

"No I'll come in just in case," He says and walks up to the door with me.

I turn the knob on the door and take a deep breath, blowing it out as I push the door open. I just want to grab my stuff and leave.

Walking in the door, no one is in the living room and the kitchen light isn't on. Everyone must be in their rooms, I walk up to mind.

The house has an eerie silence to it. The silence makes me uncomfortable and almost out of breath, the air is so thick with no one even around me. "I'm going to stay at your house." I look at Zayn and grab my duffel bag.

"Okay," he says as he sits down in my bed, his eyes looking around my room which didn't have much left in it except for the coral walls that my dad painted when I was twelve. Everything else is boxed up or has been donated.