3: Shopping And Parking Lots

Chapter 3: Shopping And Parking Lots

I was lost. How pathetic is this? I don’t even know how to go grocery shopping! Somehow I ended up with nothing in my cart and now I’m starring at something written in Chinese. God, everyone can shop! I even saw this cute little boy with a little cart shopping for Christ’s sake!

Someone cleared there throat behind me and I turned to see Alex. He was one of Ash’s followers. He was cute; he had dark short hair and dark eyes. He was part of the pack, I think Beta actually. He had a lot of muscle but didn’t bother showing it off too much which I liked.

“Hey Scarlett” he chirped.

“Hey Alex” I said simply and then turned back to the Chinese food and pretended to study it.

“I didn’t know you could read Chinese” he commented looking amused.

“There’s a lot you don’t know about me… but I can’t read Chinese” I whispered the last part.

He chuckled since of his excellent hearing, he heard me “so what are you doing in this section?” he asked.

“Cut it Alex what do you want from me?” I asked.

“Someone’s a little feisty, just wanted to see if I could help you. You look a little lost” he commented.

“I’m fine” I stated.

“We both know you’re not. How have you been feeling?” he asked and actually sounded concerned.

“Why would you ask me that?” I asked grabbing on to my cart.

“Look Scarlett, I know” he stated.

“How?” I asked.

“I’ve known since it happened, everyone needs someone to confide to” he stated.

I shook my head “I don’t” I stated staring at him.

“You don’t think you do but you do” he stated staring at me right back.

We had fallen into a staring/glaring contest until someone cleared their throat. Our heads whipped to the side where Ash stood looking at us with a raised eyebrow.

“Well I think I’m done shopping” I commented and started to push my cart away.

“You have nothing in you cart” Ash commented catching up and walking beside me.

“I don’t need anything” I stated, but then my stomach growled and I cursed the heavens!

“Really because I think your body is saying something different” he stated.

 I growled “I don’t need you to tell me how I’m feeling” I stated still walking god knows where.

“Why don’t you live in the pack house?” he asked.

“Because I used to have a family and we lived in our own house happily” I stated and felt my grip on the cart increase.

“And now?” Ash asked and I could tell he was staring at my knuckles that were turning white.

“Well now I don’t want to move into the pack house” I stated.

“Why not?” he asked curiously.

“Because you’re there” I growled and finally came to the place where you put your cart away. I slammed the cart into the others letting off a little bit of steam but I knew I needed to go for a run.

“Scar please just accept me” he stated.

“Not happening” I commented and I was so close to getting to my VW.