12: I Love You

Chapter 12: I Love You

I hesitantly walked to the door with Alex beside me. The door was open as usual and the place was humming with people. I didn’t want to go in. I didn’t want to face Ash to see if it changed him. I stopped a few steps from the door.

“It’ll be fine” Alex stated looking down at me.

“B-but” then I remembered “I need my pill!” I said. I fell asleep last night in the car like the first time.

Alex smiled at me “not if the liquid worked… let’s just see what will happen” he stated.

I took a deep breath, of course! How could that not cross my mind? “I-I can’t go in there” I said starring at Alex.

Then I was grabbed around the waist and spun in the air. I looked down and Ash had a hold of my waist and was spinning me.

He set me on the ground and just wrapped his arms around me again.

“Ash?” I asked abruptly.

“Scarlett” he said and he sounded so relieved.

I pulled out of his arms “you’re not mad at me?” I asked as I took a step away from him.

“Scarlett… I am so sorry” he said “I made a deal with a witch so she would take some of our mate bond away so you wouldn’t fall totally in love with me” he rushed out in two seconds.

I stood there “you tried to take our love away?” I asked feeling hurt.

“Yes but only a little” Ash said taking a step towards me.

I shook my head “why? Why?” I repeated.

“Scar please let me explain” he begged.

I shook my head “I-I need some air” I stated and started running. I ran. I just ran away from the pack house. I ran away from the confusion. I ran away from the man that broke my heart. But I mostly ran from my feelings. I still wanted to forgive him and throw myself in his arms! How pathetic is that!?!

I closed my eyes against the tears. I kept running. I could hear Ash and Alex calling my name but it was getting fainter and fainter.

After a while of running I clasped to the ground in exhaustion.  I laid there and then slowly lifted my head. I looked and saw that I was laying right on top of Luke’s grave. It was times like these that I missed him the most. I missed my mom to give me guy advice. I miss my dad to scare them away. I missed my brother to help me deal with it all.

I laid there and just started talking. I started talking as if I really was talking to my brother and I told him everything that happened.

Soon I was done and laid there a while longer until my head snapped up from the sound of a twig snapping. I sat up and looked around; my eyes fell on Ash who was walking towards me. I looked away and back to my brother’s grave.

Ash sat beside me “I don’t deserve for you to let me explain but would you?” he asked.

“I guess” I whispered.

He took a deep breath “my father marked my mother without her consent. They ended up falling in love but in the end my father broke her heart. He broke it so badly that she left and she-she died” he choked up on the last few words “then when we started to get feelings for each other I didn’t want to do the same to you Scar. I wanted to live up to be your perfect man but I knew I would screw it up. I went the witch and I asked her to lessen your love in hopes I could never hurt you that much. She gave me a vile and I put it in our late night coco that night. I used too much and gave you the wrong mug… I-I ended up hurting you and the next thing I knew I rejected you… then yesterday I felt a sharp pain and then my feelings for you flooded back” he said softly.