Chapter 7 - Acceptance

Accept

Verb – 1. agree to receive or undertake (something offered or proposed). 2. regard favourably or with approval. 3. believe or receive as valid or correct. 4. take on (a responsibility or liability). 5. tolerate or submit to.

Wow, really who wrote this rubbish?

The next morning, after getting ready for school, there was still no sign of Xandrell... by now I was almost worried. He hadn't been obsessing over me for almost ten hours, something was very wrong. Had my mother thrown him out or something?

"Xandrell?" I called running down the stairs. My mother was sat at the table in her dressing gown stirring a mug of coffee. She looked up at me with tired eyes. I blinked at her. "Something wrong, Mum?"

She shrugged. "Little one was keeping me up." She gave a little groan and ran her hand through her hair. "And I miss your father. I do worry about him when he's on his 'business' trips."

I frowned at her. Why did she worry? It wasn't like Dad was going to go around sleeping with other women when he was on military duty. To me that just seemed insulting to him. Was she that insecure in their relationship? However I decided not to ponder too much on this.

"Have you seen Xandrell this morning?" I asked, hanging off the banister.

"He left for school early." said my mother frowning at a crack in the wall. "He said he had something important to deal with."

I blinked. "Did he say what exactly?"

However my mother didn't seem to hear me, she continued to frown at the crack in the wall. "He confuses me you know. It's like... he's not like normal boys your age."

I sighed and went to the kitchen leaving my mother with her musings to get my breakfast. "You don't know the half of it, Mum." I mumbled under my breath.

"And he thinks the world of you, Amy." called my mother.

I froze in the process of pouring out my cornflakes. She didn't know why he was obsessed with me the way he was, but how was I meant to explain the real reason he acted the way he did. "Does he?" I called back, unfreezing and pouring milk onto the cornflakes.

"It's strange." said my mother, almost quieter, more thoughtfully. "Very strange."

I picked up my breakfast and made my way into the living room and over to the table and taking the seat opposite my mother. "How's it strange anyway?"

"It's the way he talks about you." she said taking a sip of her coffee. "The way he looks at you... the way he thinks..."

"The way you're not going to tell me about?" I said after swallowing a large mouthful. "You're almost as bad as Xandrell this morning."

"He told me last night, he completely adores you." she murmured, stirring her coffee again. "I believe he has no bad intentions... he said he wanted to be there for you, be with you, and protect you... he wants to take care of you..."

I shook my head sadly at her swallowing another mouthful of cornflakes. "What exactly were you asking him last night?"

She swayed her head from side to side. "Just this that and the other."

"That doesn't really answer my question." I said glaring at her as I finished my breakfast. "What's up with you today? I was wrong, you're worse than Xandrell this morning."

She suddenly looked up at me as if she were really seeing me clearly for the first time that morning. "What's with you this morning?" she suddenly asked. "It's all Xandrell this and Xandrell that. If I didn't know better, I'd think you had a silly little crush on him."