Chapter 14 - Content

Content

adjective: in a state of peaceful happiness or satisfaction.

The dictionary really needs to go into more detail from time to time.

The week passed mainly without events. Each day seemed very much the same as before. Get up, hugged by Xandrell, breakfast, hugged by Xandrell, walk to school, hugged by Xandrell, lessons, hugged by Xandrell, break, hugged by Charlie, more lessons, some music group at lunchtime, more lessons, hugged by Xandrell, walked home, hugged by Xandrell until dinner, then after dinner hugged by him while doing homework, and finally getting rid of him when I went to bed.

I woke Saturday morning however, I had an unbearable ache in my abdomen. I gave a long low groan, trying to force myself out of bed, when Xandrell threw open the door and rushed forwards to me.

"What's wrong?" he immediately asked. "I heard you moan, are you in pain?"

"Just a bit." I grunted struggling upright. "I'll be fine once I'm moving around a bit."

"...Amy... what the heck is that?" asked Xandrell looking horrified, staring at the front of my pyjama bottoms.

I closed my eyes and groaned again before looking down at the bloodstained front of my pyjama's. "It's nothing." I said quickly, dashing over to my wardrobe and rifling through the drawers.

"It is!" cried Xandrell, sounding more and more alarmed by the minute. "Amy, what's wrong with you?"

I sighed and closed my eyes. "You're ridiculous." I muttered, finding a little green packet and some underwear before dashing out towards the bathroom. "You can fix like spaceships and stuff apparently, but you have no idea what a period is."

Well this would have to go on my list of human things I've had to explain to him

1. Bikes

2. Social statuses in school

3. School in general

4. Love on Earth

5. Jealousy

6. Cups of tea

So number seven, periods. Oh and while I was on the subject, I may as well have gotten it out of the way, number eight, why women have periods.

He waited patiently outside the bathroom door until I emerged. "Are you better now my love?"

"What have I said about the 'My Love' crap?!" I told him moodily. "And yes, I'm fine thank you."

"So what do we have planned for today?" he asked wandering along warily behind me.

"As far as I can tell, we have a busy day of nothing ahead of us." I muttered walking back to my bedroom and closing the door on him. "Why?"

"I went out in the night." he whispered through the crack in the door. "I found something you might like to see."

I sighed as I quickly dressed. Some Earth thing obviously that I'd probably seen a hundred times over, yet he'd gotten all excited over it.

When I finally emerged from my room, Xandrell grinned at me and grabbed my hand, dashing down the stairs and out the door, practically dragging me along behind him. My knees began to ache as we ran down the main road together before turning right, into the park. He sprinted over the grass dragging me along behind me in the direction of the huge field, surrounded by hedges. Finally, we stopped in front of the big oak that stood in the field. Here he looked at me expectantly, his eyes almost lit up with happiness.