Chapter 6 - Weird

Weird
adjective – 1. suggesting something supernatural; uncanny. 2. very strange; bizarre.

The dictionary officially has no idea...

He's an alien...

You don't know that!

But how else do you explain it? The gold blood? The sparkly organs?

There could be any number of reasons for those.

And then there's the way he talks, the way he acts. Why else would those others act the same way he does?

How exactly is that?

Like freaks?

Say something nice or nothing at all.

"Is something troubling you, my love?" Xandrell's voice murmured through the fight going on in my mind.

Welcome to Amy Wren's guide to 'What exactly is troubling you?'
If the following apply to the guy you live with, you should be scared... very scared...

1. He is incredibly hot and follows you around giving you terms of endearment i.e. 'My Love'.

2. When cut open, he has gold blood-ish stuff and organs made of diamond-ish stuff.

3. When he mucks around with his wristwatch, he manages to heal a potentially fatal wound inflicted by a gun.

4. He survived a gun shot that exploded his side. Are you not the slightest bit suspicious?

If the answer to any or all of these is yes, you are in pretty deep trouble. I advise you not to step outside your house and keep those near and dear to you distant... actually, just keep your distance from everyone. You could be potentially dangerous.

The antisocial thing's kicking in again.

"No..." I frowned, taking another wet wipe from the little purple packet beside us and wiping away the golden blood that had soaked into his clothes and managed to get everywhere, as I had been for the past half an hour. We had been attempting to clean up any evidence before my mother could get home. Many of the cuts we could pass off as everyday things, however, the gaping hole, not so much. "Well actually, yeah. Are you planning to explain anything to me? Or would my questions be better to go unanswered?"

He chuckled as I pulled his arm forward and began wiping away the golden blood there. "My sweet, why should these things be of any worry to you?"

I looked up at him. "Tonight, I saw one of the few people I care about almost killed. I want some answers now!"

He blinked and cocked his head on one side, a silly smile creeping over his features. "You care about me?"

"In much the same way I care about James or Charlie..." I said with a shrug before hesitating. "...maybe not as much as them, we've only known each other a week, I've known them for what feels like a lifetime."

His face fell again. "You don't love me."

"I didn't say that." I said sternly, looking back down at his arm as I wiped away the golden blood. "We don't have to be lovers, but just because I don't love you the way you love me, we don't have to be enemies."

He frowned. "I just wish Kaelen would think the same way as that." He sighed and relaxed his arm so it fell to his side and looked down at me. "I can't understand the way she thinks, you know."