Chapter 2 - Home

I wake up to David shaking me awake. "Max - what do you want to eat?"

"I don't really care..." My brain was just starting back up from the small nap. I look to my left and see through David's driver window the menu to Mc' Donalds.

I squint, my vision going clear. I yawn.

"10 piece chicken nugget with a medium fry and some Strawberry Crush to drink." I respond, looking ahead of me knowing exactly what I wanted. This is what I usually got when my parents were too lazy and didn't have enough money to buy some other food.

David nods and he repeats my order to the person.

"Will a small size drink be good?" I nod, yawning and stretching, realizing I had Mr. Honey Nuts in my hand. I shrug. At this point, I don't even give a fuck about what people think about me having a teddy bear. I look out the car window, at the city. Wait – the city? What's David doing in the city?

David pulls forward up to the window. David smiled at the young adult, who was repeating back the order and grabbing the bag of food. I look at the young man with a straight face. I examine him. He had dirty blonde hair, his bangs falling over his hazel colored eyes. He wore a headset and a uniform.

I stick my tongue out, then smirk. The boy's smile faded slightly, handing David the food. I snicker, looking away.

I felt a little different. I felt... like smiling. I hate how many questions I'm asking myself...

"Earth to Maxwell~" I jump, looking at the bag in front of me, then back at David.

"Deep in thought?" He questions, glancing at me then back at the road ahead.

"Kinda, I guess. It doesn't matter anyways." I look back through the wind sheild.

David begins to hum. I glare at him. He seems to jump, his soft smile sorta fading. I punch his arm lightly and I kinda snicker.

"Owie..." He whimpers. I slightly laugh. WEAK.

"Go ahead. Kill the silence. Punch it in the face." I tease. What the hell is this? Did I randomly go through a purification sauna or something?

We turned into a different road, a dirt covered road. There were pine trees surrounding us, almost like a never-ending forest. Out of nowhere, there was a very cozy seeming cabin, decent sized. My eyes automatically scanned the house, looking at the nice red-ish colored wood the cabin was made of. There was a small garage to the left of the small home, and it was surrounded by an assortment of bushes and brush. We pull up onto the worn-out cement drive way in front of the small garage.

"David – is this where you live?" I look up at David, my face seemingly in awe.

"No. It's where WE live." He softly smiled.

I sorta smiled, then it faded. I stared at the house, almost nervous about living with him. Unbuckling myself, I set the bag of food over onto the dash, then opened the car door. I hopped out onto the cracked-up cement, small pebbles crunching underneath my shoes. I walk up to the garage, examining the outer walls. Running my fingers against the wall, I squint at it. I hear David's door slam, and I slightly turn towards him.

"David... how long have you lived here?"

"My whole life. It was passed down from my parents when they died. They had me at a pretty old age, so that's why I have it now."

I nod. So many questions. So many things to do... but I don't know what they are just yet...

"Well, you coming in or not?" David called for me. I jog over to his cabin. The cabin had a porch racing around the house with a chair swing on the right, and on the right side of the house was a small out-door sofa, a maroon color. Railing secured the sides, and I rested my hand on one of the bars.