A World In Which A Friend Is Met

"Ma! Ma! Ma!" a high pitched voice rang throughout the house.

Kathryn looked up from the book she was reading to find her very excited daughter about to bounce off the walls. She laughed softly. "Yes?"

"Can my friend come over to hang out?"

"I don't see why not," Kathryn replied.

Emma squealed with delight, and raced off to call her friend. Kathryn shook her head, she didn't realize how loud thirteen year old girls could be.

An hour or so had passed, and Emma was happily upstairs with her friend while Kathryn was still finishing up her book. As the door opened, Kathryn peered over the top of her book. She smiled when she saw Daryl walk in. "Finish that book yet?" he asked.

"Almost," Kathryn replied as she placed the book down. She then rose to her feet and walked up to her husband.

Daryl kicked off his shoes. When he looked back up, he couldn't help the grin that spread across his features. Daryl quickly grabbed Kathryn's hands, and yanked her closer. He kissed her passionately as he tangled his hands in her long blonde hair.

Kathryn spoke in between kisses. "Not that...I would usually care...but we have little people...upstairs."

Daryl back up slightly, and gave Kathryn a confused look. "People? As in, more than one?"

Kathryn nodded, and as if on cue, footsteps could be heard. "Daddy!" Emma called racing into her dad's arms. Daryl hugged her tightly.

"Hi, Darlin'," he replied. Daryl then noticed another girl about Emma's age standing a few feet away. He straightened, and raised an eyebrow at his daughter.

Emma understood her dad's small gesture. "Dad, this is Judith."

Daryl nodded once towards Judith. "Pleasure ta meet ya."

Judith grinned sheepishly at Daryl. Emma then took her hand, and the two started walking upstairs. Kathryn and Daryl just barely heard Judith quietly say, "Your dad is really tall."

Kathryn laughed quietly, and a confused looked crossed Daryl's features. Still confused, he plopped down on the couch. Kathryn was soon next to him, book in hand. She draped her long legs over Daryl's and cuddled into his side. She quickly noticed the puzzled expression on Daryl's features. "What are you thinking about?"

Looking down at his wife, Daryl replied, "Why is that the first thing kids say about me?"