A World In Which A Soul Mate Is Met

Daryl sat at the bar like he did most nights. Little did he know that tonight would be special. Daryl ordered the cheapest beer and half paid attention to the football game playing on one of the bar's televisions. Daryl glanced over at his brother. He resisted the urge to roll his eyes. Merle was flirting with a pretty brunette. Daryl didn't know how he did it. He often found his brother to be a bit...overbearing.

Daryl's ears perked up to the unmistakable sound of a motorcycle. He did a quick glance around the bar. All the people he knew that owned bikes were here. Who was it then?

All heads in the room turned towards the door once it opened. Daryl had to admit he was a little shocked to see who was standing there. A woman with long blonde hair and fiery green eyes that said 'don't mess with me'. She made her way towards the bar, but before she reached it one of the regulars, Jim, whistled. The woman never even stopped. She simply flicked Jim off and proceeded to take the seat straight across from Daryl. Daryl covered the smirk that crossed his features by taking a swig of his beer. Jim's buddies snickered.

Daryl found he couldn't stop glancing over at her. Everything about her screamed untouchable which made him wonder why on earth she was here. The woman caught Daryl's gaze and rose an eyebrow at him. He quickly looked away, feeling uncomfortable with the woman's intensely green eyes.

Throughout the night, Daryl saw pretty much every guy try and get in the woman's pants. She had a smart ass comeback for every known pick up line. Daryl's personal favorite had been the response to the classic pick up line "Hey, did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" The woman had simply smiled sweetly and replied. "No, I'm sorry, that's not possible. You see, I clawed my way up from hell."

Daryl had stepped outside for a smoke. He wondered if Merle was going to try and seduce her. The door opened, revealing the woman. She paid no attention to Daryl and walked over to a very nice motorcycle. She soon pulled out a pack of smokes and lit one.

"Nice bike," Daryl grunted.

"Thanks... Haven't heard that pick up line tonight," the woman replied after taking a drag.

Daryl nodded. "So, how was hell?"

The woman tilted her head to the side. "You liked that one?" Daryl shrugged and looked down at his boots. "To answer your question, it's hot as...well, you know, but the coffee is always cold."

Daryl chuckled and the woman even laughed lightly. Daryl liked her laugh. "What's yer name?" he asked.

"Kathryn. You?"

"Daryl."

Kathryn half smiled at Daryl, and Daryl felt very uncomfortable under her gaze. "Well, Daryl, it seems as if you're the only one not trying to get in my pants...maybe I'll see you around?" Kathryn swung one of her long legs over the bike and revved the engine. She was speeding out of the parking lot before Daryl had a chance to reply.

-:-:-:-

Two weeks had gone by and no one had seen nor heard from the 'mysterious blonde'. Daryl was the only one who knew her name, and he kept that to himself. Daryl would never admit it, but every night he strained to hear a rumble of a motorcycle's engine. Whenever he did hear one, he would always be disappointed when the door opened, revealing someone other than Kathryn.

It was Friday night at the bar, and stories were being spun. "I'm tellin' ya man. I saw 'er the other day," Harry, a regular at the bar, said.

"Yeah, sure ya did," the person sitting next to him grumbled. Daryl recognized him as Jim, one of the first people Kathryn turned down that night.

Kathryn sat on her bike outside the bar, debating whether or not she should go inside. I'm being ridiculous. Kathryn thought to herself. He probably doesn't even remember my name.

"Shit," she muttered as she got up and walked towards the door. The door opened with a groan as Kathryn walked inside. Every head in the room spun towards her. In the past, Kathryn would have shied away from the attention, but now, she could've cared less what people thought of her. It didn't take long to find Daryl sitting at the bar.

Daryl glanced up and had to do a double take when he saw Kathryn standing there.

"Hi," Kathryn said, as she sat down next to him.

"Uh, hi," Daryl replied awkwardly.