Chapter Six: Dancing With Aang

Hey guys! Wow long time right? Sorry I've been searching long and hard for my missing honor.

Lol anyway, I've made you guys wait long enough. I do have a question though I would really appreciate it if you would answer. Do you want this story to end via the "Firebending Masters" episode? Or do you want me to extend this story longer through the Avatar Book Three: Fire season? Because if so, I could do that but that would make this story like waaaay too long. Lol I'd have to drink that Cactus Juice to stay hydrated😂 Anyway, just comment your answer guys! Lets get started!

I continue walking past Aang as I try to calm myself. Did he say he loves me? Like what did he mean by that? Love? What did that even mean to him? I thought he liked Katara? I'm so confused.

I hear Aang running to catch up to me. We walk up to a wall with two gates. Behind me is a vertical column with a sunstone in the center. As we both come closer, I stop walking, however Aang runs to the gates, drops his staff, and unsuccessfully tries opening the gates. "It's locked up!", he says with a whiny tone.

I rub my head in confusion and look behind me. The sunstone was aligned with the doors lock.
"Wait.", I say as I realize something and take a step back. I look at the position where I stood at a moment before. On the ground is- "It's a celestial calendar."

"Just like the Fire Sages have in their temples." I look to a similar sunstone above the gates. "I bet that sunstone opens the door, but only when sunlight hits at just the right angle." I can guess when that is and the answer isn't good... "On the solstice." Aang looks back at me exasperated. "Monkeyfeathers! The solstice again? We can't wait here that long!"

I look at the sunstones, and then get an idea, "No, we can't." I unsheathe one of my swords. "But we might be able to speed time up." I place the sword on the calendar with an angle, causing it to reflect the light. "Let's see if we can outsmart the sunstone."

I move my sword to reflect the light over the red sunstone. Aang stares at the gate. "Nothing's happening." I kneel and angle it again, "Come on..."
The light hits the center of the stone and the ground starts shaking. Surprisingly the gates are opened and the shaking stops.

Aang smiles at me, "You know, Zuko, I don't care what everyone else says about you." Aang nudges me with his elbow. "You're pretty smart."
I can't help but smile at Aang's compliment, before realizing what Aang actually said. Oh that's petty.

Aang walks inside the dark room and looks around it. He narrows his eyes, as he spots a statue of a man with an angry expression. Aang gasps.
I walk up to him, "Relax. They're just statues."

The room was full of many statues lined up in a circle as we both walk into it. Aang walks up to a statue and reads something on it. "It says this is something called the Dancing Dragon."