Chapter 1: The Stone (The Past)

White flash, hot red biting at the ground.

Anger held its grip and clung onto the backs of the Gods whispering its narcissistic voice in their ears. They stared at each other, eyes blazing and hands paling over the hilts of swords. Lips thinned and sweat beaded itself in large pearls over lips and foreheads - creating shimmering paths as they withered away.

A snarl, a scream - the clash of metal.

God faced Goddess, white blending with the black, colour merging into one giant creature. The two lines clashed into each other with a thrust of enmity ringing out in a howl above them. Gods were slashed down, folds of silk fluttering its failing wings as they vanished into the Heavens. Madness and anguish rang out through the sky and echoed over the humans of Aegoria below.

Thunder rippled through the sky, tearing through, scratching a new groove in the greying clouds. The clouds flit and flexed their shoulders - shuddering in Unisome. Lightning burst through the film of grey and licked the earth with its viper tongue and laughed effortlessly at the destruction and distorted charred earth it left behind. The wind snaked and slung it sharp talons scrapping at the earth before recoiling quickly back into the Heavens.

Anger smiled and danced as the land of Aegoria grew into chaos.

The Humans stood silent, faces wet with tears as they watched their Gods fall around them. The unknowing of who would win - who could win.

Two sides faced each other every hundred years - only one could win.

~

The smell of blood, always the smell of blood.

That crimson colour that leaks over the churned earth, pouring translucide contents among the dying daisies - drowning them until they are subdued against their will.

Silence echoed out into the night only to be answered by thunder and lightning. The earth seemed to be hushed; nothing moved or made a sound as the silent war waged between the Gods.

Lana stumbled through the cobbled streets; cardinal liquid freckled over her body, and tangled into her hair. As she rounded the corner of a building she stopped to catch her breath, which hazed lazily in the air around her face. Long blond hair wove its curled hands around her shaking shoulders as an icy wind blew its wicked breath over the city. She gripped the wall behind her, her arms stretched out horizontally - the whites of her eyes gleaming in the twilight, her nostrils flared and her lips stood tightly pursed.

Frozen in time she stood.

Blood trickled down her face from a gash on her forehead and she stood a ghostly figure among the fallen black creatures which were surrounding her; the seven witches.

She had ridden into The Golden City, where The Stone lay with a guard of Guardians, but now only she was left. The witches had found them before they had reached The Stone. They had waited, they had known that the Guardians were coming, and when. Someone betrayed them, someone very close to Lana, someone she would have never expected - her sister.

Her twin.

Lana closed her eyes and tried to block out the screams of her friends and family as they were slashed down from their horses with The Sword of Darkness. She tried to block the images of on them lying on the ground, blood spreading its wings out on the black ground around their dimming bodies. She was unable to do anything but take The Sword of Light and run.

Lana let go of the wall and slid down clasping her hands over her mouth to muffle her silent tears.

"Protect it with your life!"