chapter 25: Letting Go

Chapter 25: Letting Go.

It was night, finally. She rolled her shoulders, her breathe smoking around her face under the afterglow of the moon.

Rose walked towards Cole's cage, the unicorn looking out towards the forest not seeing her come.

"Cole" Rose whispered

The unicorn's ears flickered back as her heard her but he didn't turn.

Rose stared down at her feet "Cole I'm sorry, I was completely outspkoen earlier."

The unicorn turned round and lowered his head so that his face was nudged between to bars, his eyes staring down at Rose.

"I'm so scared all the time, everything's happening so quickly." Rose's voice seeped out of her red lips as tears fell down her cheeks, tumbling off the round flesh before falling down to earth.

Rose.

Cole's voice echoed through her mind as she whimpered slightly sitting down in the grass knowing all the creatures were watching her "I'm so tired."

Cole lowered himself onto his black knees, kneeling on the hay of the cage and pushing his nose out of the cage.

"I want to be strong, I really do. "

But Old Babba's dying. She thought to herself, her heart breaking in two at the thought of being without the witch.

Rose. Cole whispered his black eyes poised on Rose who sat in the grass her head lowered into her hands, quiet sobs rising and shaking her frail shoulders. Rose I'm sorry.

Rose nodded and looked up, her puffy cheeks and blurry eyes looking around at the creatures who turned to look away as her eyes fell on them.

All eyes on her.

Great now they all think I'm some weak baby.

No they don't. Xenia answered wrapping Rose in warmth.

She sniffed and then with a flick of her wrists she opened all the cages.

What you doing?

Rose got up and watched as the creatures slink out of their cages staying in their animal forms.

"I have something to say."

The creatures walked towards her, surrounding her by forming a ring of feathers and fur nodding their heads, their eyes held on her face waiting for her to speak.

Rose cleared her throat looking at the creatures "I want you to know" she looked at Cole "That if you want to join me in this war I will be forever in debt to you, but If you don't then thats your decision and your free to leave."

Rose gestured to the forest knowing that the circus people would probably kill her - but in the end these creatures, people, weren't theirs to keep in the first place. She sucked in her breathe really hoping they wouldn't leave.

No one moved.

They stared at her then looked at each other before they all stepped forward closing to circle.

We will stand with you Rone said as the others stepped forward.

You are the Chosen Child Ryu whispered.

Rose finally breathed her arms dropping to her sides "Thank you."

The creautres smiled, Lika ruffled her feathers while Rone breathed ice. Cole stepped forward looking at the creatures vigorously his horn sparking at the tip. The others nodded and bowed their heads their eyes flickering up to Rose before they turned round and dispersed into the forest and sky.