xiii

❝Fuck feelings, be a bitch.❞

||disclaimer:sorry guys, i did edit this chapterme being fickle and weird

||disclaimer:
sorry guys, i did edit this chapter
me being fickle and weird..
not a lot really changed though

"Student Intern Kim Lalisa, please proceed to the fifth floor annex immediately...Student Intern Kim Lalisa..."

The boisterous announcement from the hospital intercom interrupted her jog to the hospital cafeteria. Her long awaited lunch break slowly dissipating in thin air as the speakers relentlessly boomed her name.

What do they want now?

It's half past two in the afternoon and she's running low in sugar. The straight eight-hour battle in the Emergency Department made her want to throw her hands in defeat, then break into a tantrum. Who wouldn't when they had three consecutive cases of cardiopulmonary arrest and several motor accident casualties?

But no one really gives a fuck.

Because in Seoul National Hospital, be it a doctor, an intern or a medicine student; food and sleep should be listed in the bottom most part of their priorities. And with her recent acceptance as a student intern, Lisa is expected to survive in the bare minimum of both. What fun.

"What do they need you for in the VIP floor?" Mingyu complained, sharing her disappointment.

He too, has endured and conquered the toxic mess that was the urgent care. And when they were about to head out for a rewarding recess, something just has the need to come out of nowhere to peeve it.

"Don't they have enough interns assigned there already?" He added, a little ticked off. She knew very well if where he's coming from.

The shift allocation of interns and other health personnel for that matter, was downright unfair and unreasonable. More manpower was assigned in the executive floors, instead of being delegated in acute and intensive areas where their services are mostly essential. Just to wipe off the asses of the crazy rich. According to Mingyu.

The rich, the wealthy and all the business luminaries. He despised them with passion. That's one of the two things she discovered about the guy over a week's duration. Though wanting to know why, she restrained from asking. It's not her business to pry especially when he grows distant whenever the topic is brought up.

Another thing she learned, was how completely wrong her first impression of him was. His easy going attitude is a deviation from the generic label of a football player. Despite the playboy looks and du jour among the female population, Mingyu has an affable nature which Lisa easily warmed up to. The free bowls of gamjatang after their study sessions did not hurt either.

The intercom buzzed again, broadcasting the same message with more urgency along the lines.

Lisa groaned her protests inwardly, knowing that complaining would not change anything. "Better go and get this over with," she sighed and spunned her heel to the opposite corridor.