Chapter 20; You're on the list!

Stephanie and yada ------------------------------------------------------------

Stephanie and yada 
------------------------------------------------------------

I sat at the lunch table looking down at my mash potatoes, I played around with it with my fork,
My eyes scanned the room anxiously waiting for Pearl to grace me with her presence, she said she was going to the bathroom but that was about a while ago, maybe I was being paranoid and the continuous stares from others were finally getting to me.

Art class was a lot harder than I thought,
The teacher had an entire elaborate set, with different lights and everything pointing at a table that had geometric shapes on it, She told us to draw them using the special pencils she asked for, I had them my father had purchased all of my materials beforehand,
But it didn't matter how expensive or how fancy these pencils were I couldn't draw at all, I better stick to photography.
What made me feel even more useless was that I stole glances at Pearl's work and I swear to God she was good, after class I stopped her and asked her about it, she told me she's an amateur Artist and went on a monologue about how today's youth doesn't show an interest in the fine arts, she went on and on and even let me know I was one of the "good ones" as she called them, because I took an interest in photography and music, Dean must have told her I played the piano...
She then let me see her personal sketchbook when we went to our lockers and if I wouldn't know better someone could have told me it was Michael Angelo's sketchbook and I would have believed them!

I was getting anxious again, and it didn't help that history was right after art class, the day was halfway there and I was already exhausted, between Pearl's chaotically enthusiastic, personality and the weird glares from everyone, for a small school with a minimum amount of students, it felt like a lot more eyes where on me than I thought!

Pearl slamming her tray on the table and pulled me back to reality
I looked up to see her with two other girls, one had short hair as dark as the night with a skirt that reached her ankles,
The other one had short hair, her hair was pastel pink and she was wearing a dress a doll would wear to go to tea parties, they all smiled at me, and sat right in front of me,

-"This is Yada!" Pearl said pointing to the girl with the dark hair.
-"This is Stephanie!" Pearl said pointing to the girl with pink hair.
-"This is Blaire!" She said pointing at me,
I shyly waved at them and they waved back at me!
-"I hope you haven't run into much trouble here!" Yada said with a distant smile, the bags under her eyes made her seemed ghost-like,
-"Yes, I'm so glad we have a new friend!" Stephanie clapped her hands together, her voice sounded baby like and she had drawn a purple star under her eye with make-up.
-"It's been fine," I said, Now I really did it, these were the weird kids from school, these were-
-"we are nobody's!" Pearl read my mind!
The three girls in front of me laughed as if they heard the funniest joke ever told.

Pearl and her friends were very charming and interesting, however, they were strange.
The table was rowdy with conversation, I noticed just how much these girls and I had in common, I came to enjoy the jokes and topics being thrown here and there, Yada was a Feminist and loved to argue about controversial topics, Stephanie was a music nut and smoked cigarettes behind the teachers backs, Pearl dabbled in literature but was a Veteran Artist, each of them had a unique personality and point of view, what an interesting bunch!