The Dark Knight 🌑🏰

10:59 pm, Arkham Asylum, Gotham.

Batman kept ignoring the constant disruptions of his communication systems. As he approached an elevator shaft, the doors refused to open up.

Batman then used his utility belt to bring out a gadget called the Cryptographic Sequencer, which is able to override security panels, open new paths, or disable various asylum functions.

The elevator doors opened as Batman successfully connected into the elevator's mainframe to unlock. "Bet Joker never knew this," Batman whispered under his breath. He got inside the elevator, pressing a button to take him to the highest elevating floor of Arkham Asylum.

As he waited, the elevator suddenly stopped moving upward. "What the?" he said to himself. The buttons were jammed, and then the lights flickered. Batman used his "detective mode" to scan what was beyond and above the elevator.

He soon realized that the henchmen, accompanied by Firefly, were infilirating Batman's elevator to capture him. Batman got prepared, purposely breaking the lamp that lit up the elevator, to stay in the impending darkness. Firefly and three goons landed on top of the stuck elevator.

"Here we go. Stand back folks," Firefly exclaimed to his fellow henchmen and unleashed the flamethrower. He opened up the ceiling of the elevator to make a hole that gave them an entrance to go inside the elevator.

Firefly finished blazing and blasting the ceiling, and allowed the three goons to go inside the elevator. He waited.

Batman was prepared, with the help of his "detective mode". The three henchmen dropped down, aiming their rifles in the darkness.

Batman made no hesitation to defeat them. He sprinted right at the first henchman, slamming him against the side wall of the elevator, while blinding one goon with a smoke pellet in the eyes.

Firefly made sure the elevator was steady enough, holding tightly to the elevator's hanging rope.

Batman tripped the blinded goon and punched him unconscious. The last goon yelled in charge at Batman, who jumped out of the way. He then jumped in the air and kicked the goon in the face with a flying kick.

The three goons were unconscious, and Batman climbed up to the surface of the elevator. Firefly confronted him.

"Time to burn, Batman!" he yelled, unleashing the deadly flamethrower. "Stop it! If you burn me, you'll burn the whole elevator! It's suicide!" exclaimed Batman. He dodged the flames, which burned the elevator's interior.

Firefly gave another shot of flames out of his weapon, but Batman knocked the weapon out of his hands and sucker-punched him in the face.

Firefly got up, dazed. Batman removed Firefly's insect-like red mask off, revealing a scarred man beneath. "How's the surprise view?" he asked Batman with a cackle.

"You have to stop this! I can get you out of here, this whole shaft is going to blow now!" yelled Batman while holding Firefly.

"You're going to die with me!" Firefly said and held onto Batman's cowl. Firefly then revealed the bombs strapped to his chest, and ready to detonate.

Batman was horrified, pushing Firefly off of him. The numbers on the bombs read: "0:05 SECONDS".

4....
Batman climbed up the rope to escape.

3...
"I'll see you in hell!" Firefly screamed in excitement, as Batman managed to climb onto a floor with the doors open.

2...1...BOOM!!!

Batman saw the explosion rock the elevator shaft, the flames nearly scorching his cape. He crawled on the floor of the room he climbed up in, but the explosion's shockwave sent him flying into the floor, disorienting him.

Batman tried to shake it off, but the disoriented thoughts soon plagued his mind momentarily.

Suddenly, he heard sounds of police sirens blaring and people muttering. Batman noticed his suit was gone, and he was just Bruce Wayne.

He started having vivid flashbacks to when his mother and father, Martha and Thomas Wayne, were murdered.

Bruce walked around aimlessly, trying to shake off the hallucinations. "You could have done so much better my son...you have disappointed me," remarked a dying Thomas to Bruce.

Bruce shed a tear. "D-Dad...I'm sorry. Oh I'm so sorry..." he tried to say weakly. Thomas then "died" of his wounds, and the visions started fading away...

Batman woke up, panting in fear. For the first time in a while, he felt scared again ever since his parents died.

"Master Wayne? M-Master...Wayne?" said Alfred's voice on Batman's communication system.

Batman then answered back immediately, ignoring Riddler's hacks.

"Yes, Alfred. Riddler has hacked my communication database so we can't talk for too long. Me and Sel-er I mean-Catwoman got split off in an incident at the asylum. Joker has wardens held hostage and threatens to blow up Arkham and maybe even Gotham if I get to him. I have to take the risk. Batman out," he explained and shut off the communication.

He had hoped Alfred got the message of his warning. Batman then walked down a hallway, suddenly seeing more intercoms pointed at him.

Batman jumped out of the way before Joker can see him through surveillance. He then used a ventilation shaft to navigate through more floors of the asylum, hoping to regroup with Selina and save the wardens.

Batman used his "detective mode" to scan around for any wardens. A total of three captured wardens were left in the asylum.

He held on tightly to the prison keys and climbed out silently from the ventilation shaft.

Batman was then held at gunpoint by someone. "The Batman...back again," said the thunderous voice. He turned around slowly and saw Bane, now a monstrous being affected by venom.

He was the criminal that held the final three wardens. "Hello...Bane," said Batman.