Look What You Made Me Do

dance10_Lex

I don't like your tilted stage...
I don't like your perfect crime...
Or how you laugh when you lie...
-Taylor Swift

~~~~~

Hayley was walking to Derek's trailer with food as she did after every live show.

When she got to his trailer door, she stopped when she heard a conversation going on on the opposite side of the door.

"I mean, she's only on troupe like..." Derek chuckled. "Hay needs to understand that--"

"I need to understand what?!" Hayley opened the door to his trailer.

Mark quickly ran from the trailer, seeing that this was about to get heated. 

"Understand what?" She asked again, now putting what she was holding onto the floor.

"No, no, Hay, it's not like that..." Derek stammered and went up to her.

"Then what is it?!" Tears creeped into her eyes. "What is it like, Derek?! What is it like if it isn't like that?"

"I was just saying that you're better than the DWTS troupe, I mean, it's just--" He tried to hide the fact he was lying but he couldn't.

"Quit lying! You do that stupid little laugh whenever you lie and stop it!" Tears poured down her cheeks now. "I can't stand this anymore, Derek!"

"You can't stand what?" He was slowly getting more and more mad.

"This! You're always overworking every partner you've ever had, and I understand that you're dedicated and passionate about this, but you're not always going to be the best! You always are acting that you're the whole show and that you're this and that, and I can't stand this anymore!" She tried to compose herself but she couldn't. "Take the food, I don't care, I'm leaving." Hayley said as she began walking out of the trailer.

"Hayley, wait!" Derek called out and grabbed her wrist. "I love you, I really really do, and I'm sorry if I ever acted like--"

"Save it, Derek." Hayley shook his hand from her wrist and went all the way out of the trailer to go find one of the girls to vent to. Mark quickly swapped places with her and now he was facing Derek.

"Man, what happened just a second ago?" Mark looked behind him as if Hayley would come back.

"I think I just made the love of my life break up with me."