Chapter 7

Chapter 7

~~Bella~~

Walking through the doors once again, entering hell for the second time.

The bell screeches just as I get my books out of my locker, I scuttle to maths, earning a glare from my teacher for being a few minutes late.

Sitting down in my usual seat, I notice Stella isn't in class.

Huh, well avoiding the girls will be easier than I thought.

Ten minutes into the lesson, Stella comes barging into the room sniffling.

She scans the class and finally sets her red rimmed eyes onto me. The tears start cascading down her face as she screamed and pointed my way.

"You bitch!!! It was you wasn't it?! You got some Latino hit-man on Elodie didn't you?! I can't believe-"

"Stella calm down this instant!! The teacher bellowed.

"Bella, go outside for a minute please."

I was frozen still, like a deer in headlights.

"Bella."

I silently raised out of my chair, willing myself to stop shaking as I walked towards the door. I flinched past Stella, hoping she wouldn't lash out at me. Once we had exited, Stella turns to face me with her hands clenched at her sides.

"What. Happened." She quietly demands through clenched teeth.

"I... I don't know what you're talking about.. " I stutter.

Stella harshly grabs my arm and marches me out of the school and shoves me into her red Audi.

The drive was silent and awkward. I could basically see the steam billowing out of her ears.

I was racking my brain for an explanation... I had honestly done nothing... But Latino hit man? That could be related to me... They could've found my family's location. Shit.

~~~

Stella brought her car to a halt in front of the local hospital. I dawdled behind Stella as she stormed past reception and repeatedly jabbed at the elevator button impatiently.

We reached the top floor finally and entered the bland room. Lying in the hospital bed wasn't the beautiful blonde I met yesterday.

I gasped before I could stop myself.

Elodies flawless face was now bruised and battered, cuts and scratches littered her neck and arms. Her blonde hair was frizzy and tangled with leaves and small twigs.

"What happened?!" I whispered.

Elodie eyes flew open with anger. she sat up causing different machines to beep and chords to scatter around her.

"IT WAS YOU!!!" She screamed.

Nurses scrambled around her, trying to calming her down.

"No! Let go of me I need to get out of this god damn bed and strangle that bitch until she turns blue! Get off me NOW" Elodie screeched.

Fear coursed through my body, a male doctor escorted me out of the room and lead me to an empty chair that was opposite her room.

"I'm sorry dear, but it would be better if you didn't come back and see her, Miss Williams is in quite a traumatic state after what happened last night." the doctor explained.

"Uh, Dr, what did happen?"

"From what I understand, someone appeared on Miss Williams' balcony late last night and harassed her in some way, causing her to plummet off her three story balcony. She's lucky to have survived with only a few broken ribs and a fractured leg"