chapter 29 Epilogue

2 years later.

" No no no no, sit back down Roza! I'll get it." Dimitri said frantically.

I just sat back down and giggled. I swear he was so afraid if I moved our baby would come right out of me or something. But hey I am huge and he can definitely get me my juice faster than I could. He came running back through the kitchen and living room, juice in hand.

Once he handed me the glass he knelt down to have his morning talk and goodbye with the baby growing inside of me. It was so sweet he had been doing this since we found out we were pregnant.

Dimitri and Christian had a class they had to teach this morning, so Christian would be coming by with an equally pregnant Lissa. No we hadn't planned this but our babies were due two weeks apart. When we had found out this news there had been plenty of squealing. I'm pretty sure Dimitri and Christian had a hard time hearing for a few weeks afterwards.

While Dimitri was talking to the baby I thought about all that had changed in the last two years.

_____________________________

2 years prior

" Oh Liss you look so beautiful." I said tears in my eyes.

She was in a simple yet elegant dress. Fitting for a princess. We were waiting for Abe to come tell us it was time to start, Lissa had decided she wanted Abe to walk her down the makeshift isle. My parents had pretty much taken the role as parents with Lissa too.

I was happy about it she had always been like a sister to me and we both finally had parents again. I was putting on her veil when there was a knock on the door and then my mother and father pushed through the door. Both smiling.

" Oh my girls look so beautiful." mom said almost sounding as if she would cry.

Was my mom getting sappy? She realized her actions fast and straightened up but kept the goofy smile on her face.

Sydney, Mia, and I walked to where we were to start. Dimitri was Christians best man and Eddie, and Adrian were his groomsmen. The only Royals who showed up were in the wedding party and of course Queen Tatiana. We had really made it a small affair. I'm sure a lot of Royals were pissy about it but we didn't care.

The Queen and Abe had their guardians team up to keep everyone safe but I knew for a fact that all of us guardians in the wedding party were packing silver.

The ceremony had been beautiful and the reception just as lovely. Lissa had made sure there was plenty of food because of the amount of guardians that were here. I was glad to see dhampires being seen as equals. It was amazing. When it was time for the speeches I was up first.

" Lissa we have been best friends since we were five years old. Ever since I threw that book at our teacher calling her a fascist bastard. Although I can honestly say I did not know what that meant, and that teacher shouldn't have been trying to make us write our full names at that age." this got an eye roll from my mother, but she laughed along with everyone else.

" We have been through so much together and have been each others rock. Without you I literally wouldn't be here, and now you have sparky here to be your rock when I'm not there. Lissa and Christian I love you both and wish you nothing but joy and happiness."

Liss got up and came around the table to hug me Christian following close behind her, but when he tried to steal the hug Liss held me possessively tighter making everyone laugh. Dimitri cleared his throat to make his speech as best man. I didn't miss the knowing look between Lissa, Christian, and Dimitri nor the smile that plastered my fathers face.