six

jax and mil drove up to xander's house, where music was blaring and teenagers were screaming. 

"ready for this?" jax asked. 

"i dunno..." mil said. "i've never been to a party like this before.

"mil, it'll be fine." jax patted her knee. "what's the worst that could happen?

~

mil and jax made their way through the crowd of teenagers, narrowly avoiding drink spills and getting punched in the face by reckless dancers. 

"i'm gonna go find daniel!" mil shouted. "have fun by yourself." 

"what?" jax screamed back. "you can't just do that!" but by the time jax had finished his sentence, mil was already gone. mil walked through the crowd and eventually saw a snack table, and stopped to look. 

well, mil thought, i am kind of thirsty. she ladled some punch into her cup and made her way over to the back wall, sipping on the punch, which weirdly enough kind of burned her throat as it made it's way down. she eventually found daniel by the back wall, chatting with a curly brown-haired boy she assumed was xander. 

"mil!" he exclaimed happily. "you came!" 

"yeah." mil replied casually. "it sounded like fun, and i had nothing to do tonight."

"well," dan said, "it's good to see you."

"great party, by the way." mil said, turning to xander as she got herself another cup of punch. she was feeling lightheaded and a little sick at this point, but she wrote it off as a symptom of over stimulation.

"thanks." xander said. 

"hey, mil." dan said. "can i have some of that? i'm so thirsty."

"sure." mil slurred, holding out the cup. dan took a sip of the drink, and swallowed it with a disgusted expression on his face. 

"uugh." he grimaced. "mil, how much have you had of this?"

"about three or four cups." mil said, struggling with the words. "i dunno."

"shit, mil." he said. "this is spiked with vodka or something." he turned to xander. "do you know anything about this?"

"no, i swear!" xander said. "i locked the alcohol cabinet, so someone must have brought something of their own."

"if it's hunter i swear to god--"

"i think i'm gonna throw up." mil groaned. 

"c'mon." daniel said. "i'm taking you home. xander? get my car keys please." xander tossed dan his keys and dan hoisted mil up onto his back. xander walked out with dan and helped him get mil into the car, as xander thanked dan for coming and told mil he hoped she'd get better. 

"okay, mil." dan said once he was in the car. "let's get you home.