ten

"good morning." mil murmured sleepily. she kissed daniel's shoulder gently and he stirred, rolling over slightly so he could look into mil's eyes.

"g'morning." he said, pulling her closer to him. she smiled in content and placed her head on his bare chest.

"i really enjoyed date night last night." mil said.

"me too, love." dan said. "would you like me to make you breakfast?"

"that'd be nice." mil smiled. "but i don't want to leave bed! it's so comfortable---"

"awh cutie. well, it's not like we have anything to do--" dan paused, and a look of worry spread over his face. 

"is something wrong?"

"wait," dan asked slowly, "what time is it?" mil leaned over and grabbed his phone from the nightstand, and powered it on.

"11:30."

"shit!" dan exclaimed, jumping up out of bed. "i'm going to be late!"

"what?" mil said, clearly confused.

"i completely forgot...the senior recognition event!" dan said.

"oh god...i have to go to that too." mil said with a worried tone. "it's an all school event, right?"

"yeah." dan replied quickly.

"wait...dan...i don't have anything to wear." mil said, pulling the blankets up to her shoulders.

"here." dan tossed her a pair of jeans from the cupboard, and then his letterman jacket.

"where did you get these jeans?" she asked, sliding them on.

"my cousin left them here when she stayed over." he said. "i'm pretty sure they'll fit."

"yeah, they're fine." she said. "they're a little loose, but that's okay." she draped the letterman jacket on over her shoulders, and smiled.

"what?" he asked, pulling a sweatshirt on over his shirt.

"i never thought i'd wear this." she smiled. dan kissed her forehead and put his shoes on, before he took her hand and led her out the door. they jumped into his car and drove towards the school, but not before stopping at a coffeehouse on the way over there. 

~

"i'll see you in a bit, love." dan said, giving mil a quick kiss on the lips. "i've got to go be with the other seniors." mil stuck out her bottom lip in a playful pout, before returning to a smile within a few seconds. 

"okay, babe." she squeezed his hand gently. "but can we go to lunch after?" 

"of course." he smiled again, before running off to join the other seniors. 

"mil!" she heard a familiar voice call from behind her. "mil!" she turned around just in time to see jax throw his arms around her, and she stepped back in surprise. 

"umm...hi."

"i was so worried about you! why didn't you call? why didn't you text? do you know how--" he pulled away and looked at her, noting the unfamiliar clothes. he raised a questioning eyebrow and looked at her with a smirk plastered across his face. 

"uuhh.."

"that's not your jacket." he smiled. "spin around for me."

"m'good." mil shook her head. he placed his hands on her shoulders and turned her around so he could get a good look at the back. 

"roberts 09, eh?" he smiled. "i didn't realize roberts was your last name. or was this just an investment for the future?"

"shut up." mil rolled her eyes. "look, we had dinner, went back to his apartment, and then not much happened after that." 

"uh huh, uh huh, uh huh, well, that's a good story, except you left out one teensy detail."

"jax--"

"you guys fuc--" mil clamped a hand over his mouth and leaned in to whisper in his ear. 

"shut up, jax." she hissed. 

"okay." jax winked, and walked away. "i'm gonna go get a burger. wanna come with?"

"sure, why not." mil shrugged. 

~

"hey guys." dan said, jogging up to the group of senior boys by the soccer goal.

"roberts!" hunter said, slapping his back. "where were you? and you look like shit."

"sorry, sorry." dan mumbled, running his hand through his hair. 

"woah!" hunter laughed, looking at dan's shoulder's and neck. "looks like you did something fun last night."

"hmm?" dan said. 

"just take a look in the mirror, daniel." hunter snickered. dan scowled and walked over to the snack stand, where he found jax and mil. 

"jax?"

"mmm?" he said.

"bathroom. now." he hissed as he grabbed jax's wrist and yanked him back towards the school. 

"what seems to be the proble--oh." jax said once they arrived in the bathroom. he was staring in the exact same place as hunter was just a few minutes prior, which made dan genuinely worried. 

"what? what is it?" dan turned to look in the mirror, and gasped. "holy shit!" there were about five or six hickeys scattered around his shoulders, neck, and collarbones. they were like dark ink splotches against white paper; incredibly noticeable. 

"what can i do to cover this?" dan asked. 

"sorry, man." jax shrugged. "i honestly have no clue." 

"jax..." dan said. "i've got to be up on stage in fifteen minutes, and give a speech about responsibility and resilience. i'm desperate. do you have any clue as to how i could fix this?"

"dan, i dunno--"

"jax." dan looked deep into his eyes, which were full of hope.

"i'll go get mil." jax said. "just stay here, okay? we'll be back in a bit." but then when he turned to open the door to the boys restroom, the door wouldn't budge. 

"what's wrong?" 

"dan," jax said slowly, "you're not gonna like this..."

"what? what is it?" 

"we're trapped...the door is locked from the outside."