3. Getting Used To This

    “I really don’t think this is necessary…” I fumbled as me and Zach walk through the school’s parking lot.

    “Then don’t think.” He answered happily. “You’re my little sister and I’m happy to have you back. I don’t care if you’re the loner of the school, it’s practically our fathers fault that you were like that in the first place. Thank God that that demon’s dead.”

    I awkwardly try to shrug off his arm that was around my shoulder. I still can’t believe he was the boy that tried to beat me up last week because I punched him for insulting me. Maybe he’s trying to be a good big brother to pay off for the horrible things he’s done to me.

    People started to stare at us, making me squirm under their penetrating stares. Zach noticed me squirming, and ruffled my hair playfully as I swat his hand away. “If you’re uncomfortable with the stares, ignore them, people will stop assuming things once I explain the situation to my bros.”

    “You’re saying that as if being siblings is a temporary thing.” I said.

    Then there was some whistling and hollering. “Oh, there’s my bros.” Zach said, gesturing to the hollering group of men near the entrance of the school.

    “Okay, I’ll just be at the library if you need me. Bye!” I said, walking away, but Zach stopped me by pulling on the hood of my hoodie. “I’m having a sense of déjà-vu.” I said.

    “You’re not going anywhere.” He said. “People might call you names or stuff for being with me or something like that. Besides, who would you be with?”

    I raised my pointer finger. “That blondie with the brown eyes who stopped you from betting me up. Apparently, he’s always at the library, then he started shifts at the library with me every club meeting since he’s trying to befriend me.” I pointed out.

    He shrugged. “That dude? You mean Alex? Oh, he’s with the gang too. But he doesn’t spend much time with us. He’s probably with you at those times.” Before I could tell him that Alex only pops up once in a while and I never really wanted to have any friends, he ushered me to his group. “Come on.”

    He dragged me by my hood to his group. Like, literally dragged me there. Thank God he didn’t let my butt touch the dirty floor. I was wearing a white skirt today with a grey shirt, a black pair of leggings, a black hoodie, and a pair of black sneakers. I know, I don’t have much fashion sense, but I think it’s cute.

    “Hey dudes!” Zach exclaimed, dragging my lazy butt with him.

    “Dude! Did you honestly hook up with the loner-?!”

    Before one of the guys could finish their sentence, I stood up straight, a dark shadow cast upon my face, and kicked them in the face, making their head snapped back as blood flew out from their nose. And considering our height difference, that was one high kick. Thank God for my leggings.

    I glared at them. “I don’t hook up with anyone.” I said.

    Then there was silence.

    “Hey, your leggings came in handy huh?” A familiar voice broke the silence.

    I look up to see familiar brown eyes. “Oh… it’s you again. I said.

    “Welp. It’s a good thing to know my little sister can defend herself.” Zach nervously laughed.

    “Sister?!” Another guy exclaimed. “But dude! Weren’t you about to beat her up the other day?!”

    Me and Zachary sighed. “Long story short, it happened because dad was an ass.” Zach somewhat explained.

    “Wow. Nice explanation.” I said.

    “What?!” Zachary cried.

    “Just stop being lazy and explain the whole thing to your ‘bros’.” I said, doing air quotations at the border ‘bros’.

    “Why should I? You’re the one who wants to tell the whole story.” Zach grumbled, making my blood boiling at his actions. He brings me here to explain, yet he won’t explain. Wow.

    “Just look at them! They’re clueless!” I said.

    “Actually-”

    “Shut you mouth, me and my brother,” I directed the word at Zach. “Are discussing something.” I said. I had no idea where my sudden boldness came from, but I’m loving it.

    “Then explain.” Zach sighed.

    “Fine!” I said, exasperated. “Lazy butt.” I muttered under my breath. Zachary obviously heard what I said, but before he could say anything about it, I started explaining our family problem that affected the present situation.

    “Dude! Your dad’s a total ass!” The brunette boy, who I learned was Ron, said.

    “Yeah!” The black haired guy, Garrett, said.

    Alex remained quiet, as he stared intently at me. I squirmed under his gaze, as he moved towards me. “Hey, you okay?” He asked.

    “I’m fine.” I smiled. No I’m not…

    Logan slammed me against the lockers screaming at me. “What do you mean you didn’t do my homework?!”

    “You didn’t give me anything!” I shouted, closing my eyes tightly, my hands in front of my face.

    “Yes I did!” He said, persistent.

    “I’m sorry but you really didn’t!” I yelled.

    “Are you calling me a liar?!” He said, angry.

    “No! No! I’m just saying that this mix up wouldn’t have happened if you just did your homework instead of making me do it for you!” I rush out, waving my hands at him.

    “Well non of this would be happening to you now if you just stopped being a lazy ass and just did my homework!”

    “I’m not a lazy butt! You just really didn’t give me any papers! And I already have a lot on my plate! Other people are giving me their homework too!”

    “Well maybe you lost it! You Dumbass! You lost my homework!”

    “No! I didn’t!”

    “Hey!”

    A new voice entered our yelling. I fearfully open my eyes to see who it was and saw non other than my own brother. I slouched in my position. He’s gonna create a mess for sure.

    Logan was smirking at me as Zach came closer. Then Zach punched him square in the face. Logan staggered back as I was released from his grasp.

    He turned to Zach. “What the hell dude?!” He shouted.

    Is it just me? Or do all boys go around, calling each other dude now?

    “Don’t you dare go yelling at my sister.” Zach said sternly.

    “Sister?!” Logan yelled. “But you were about to beat her up to pieces the other day!”

    Zach face palmed. Yeah, that’s what you get for being a jerk. I couldn’t help but think.

    “It’s complicated man.” Oh. So they also call each other man. Where’s the creativity? That’s just calling yourself exactly what you are!

    “Just tell him the story! It’s literally not that long!” I shouted. “Unless he asks for you to explain what you meant.” I added.

    “There’s no explaining in these things!”

    “Why?!”

    “That’s just how it is!” Zach said, exasperated. “You know what? Just keep quiet. I’m trying to be a big brother here.” He said. Then he turned to Logan. “Just stop bothering my sister dude.”

    “She has my homework man.”

    “Sols, give me your bag.”

    “No way-” I was about to say but he interrupted me, snatching my bag out of my hands. “Rude.” I mumbled under my breath as Zachary emptied my bag by dropping everything to the floor.

    “Is you homework there?” Zach asked.

    Logan angrily flipped him off and walked away.

    Then Zach turned to me. “You’re welcome.” He smirked smugly.

    “Sorry. I’m still getting used to this.” I said, then I looked at my scatter things. “You’re cleaning that up though.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi guys! What's up?! Hehe. So I really hope you're enjoying this. I'm really happy that people are reading this story even though I think it's lame. But I hope some of you would vote and comment. So I'm making this activity. The first to comment, vote, or put this book in their reading list would be recognized in one of the upcoming chapters! It's not that I'm bribing you, but I really just want to know if people really are reading this and the reads aren't sure just a glitch from wattpad. Anyways, stay tuned for more!

Love your little author,
Emsea