Chapter Two: Ian

Enjooooyyyy ! 

xo 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I groaned in frustration, it was summer. It was searing outside and the sun was shining down on us. Haddie was wearing her oversized sunglasses with headphones in her ears. She was naturally light skinned so she usually wanted to get a tan every summer. She was wearing a revealing two-piece and she looked outrageously confident. Here I was wearing a one piece that covered everything and still feeling self conscious. I couldn’t stand the heat; I had to get in the pool. But I had straightened my hair this morning; it took two hours because of the heat. Screw it, nobody I know is here...who's going to see? I stood up from my seat and jumped into the pool resulting in a huge splash. I heard a loud gasp come from Haddie’s mouth and I laughed.

"Juliet! You are so dead!" She yelled.

I laughed some more and swam as far away as possible. I loved the feeling of the fresh cold water on my skin, the way it relaxed me. I pushed myself forward further away from everybody else, away from the noise. I missed this feeling, ever since school ended...I didn’t go to the pool everyday like when I did while in school. I loved my team and my coach; she's the reason why I love the water so much. I pulled myself up for air; I could already see my curls on my face. I pulled them off of my face and climbed out. Haddie was waving her pale arms back and forth. I quickly walked towards her and she handed me a towel.

"Huge emergency! Bathroom now!" She whispered loudly at me.

I cocked my head to the side and she sighed grabbing my hand. She dragged me towards the bathroom and I tried to slow her down. My mistake, I tried to pull back but ended up getting my bathing suite stuck on a hook that was just oddly stuck to the wall. Why the hell is there a hook that can stab someone in the middle of a wall? My first reaction was no big deal. I’ll just pull it off.

"Oh my God!" I exclaimed.

I gasped in horror when I saw the huge ripped hole on my black bathing suite. I looked like a hobo; I felt my face turn red.

"Juliet!" Haddie gasped. I looked up with an embarrassed face and grimaced.

"Don’t worry! I have an extra bathing suite." She reassured me.

I sighed and silently thanked God for giving me such a wonderful friend. We walked towards our lockers and she handed me her extra. I slipped off my ripped one under my towel and replaced them with Haddie’s. I knew they were a two piece but no one I knew was here, so I wasn’t worried about it. I looked in front of the bathroom mirror and realized it was a bit too tight on me; I wasn’t exactly slender like Haddie. It was a hot pink tow piece which covered my skin a little more, (thank God for that). I sighed and decided it didn’t matter how I looked. Haddie grinned at me like I was her little girl growing up.

"It looks great on you. I don’t see how you’re always complaining that your fat. I’d rather be curvy than like this." She said pointing at her body.

Curvy?! Ha, I’d have to remember to take her to the eye doctor. I was definitely not curvy, I was definitely fat. I have love handles! I rolled my eyes at her and began walking outside. She grabbed my arm and dragged me a little bit faster. I groaned in annoyance. Why was she such in a hurry?

"Haddie! Why did we need to go inside?" I asked.

"I needed to check myself in the mirror to see if I looked okay." She said nonchalantly.

I laughed out loud and snorted. Was she for real? When doesn’t she look okay? If anything, she'll look pretty. That’s the worst that can happen. She obviously didn’t know she was beautiful.