Chapter four : The Surprise

I felt someone’s hand placed on top of my mouth, the person leaned into my neck and whispered into my ear.

"Shush...don’t be scared."He whispered quietly, his breath tickling my skin.

My eyes widened as I recognized his voice, Opening my mouth, I viciously bit into his hand. I heard him hiss and he removed his hands from me swearing loudly into the darkness. I pushed him back and he stumbled on the kitchen chairs.

"Anthony! What the hell?" I yelled.

I ran towards the light switch and flicked it on. In front of me stood Anthony and Ian shielding their eyes away from the bright light. Haddie was in the corner, her red hair tumbling down her back in curls and hands over her face in shock. My heart jumped when Ian grinned at me, and I suddenly began to feel self-conscious.

"It was just a prank. Don’t need to go all violent with me." Anthony complained.

I smiled victoriously and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Wipe that smile off your face Juliet." He said angrily.

I rolled my eyes and Ian chuckled silently. I felt a swarm of butterflies enter my body and flutter about. I giggled as he stepped closer to me. I could smell the faint scent of citrus, probably his shampoo.

"So what brings you guys here?" Haddie bluntly asked stepping forward.

Ian and Anthony faced her and grinned at the same time. Talk about weird.

"Juliet left her bedroom curtains open and I saw you guys together. So we decided to add some little fun to your sleepover." Anthony explained.

My cheeks went bright red as I realized he saw us through my window, Does that mean he could’ve seen us change into our pajamas… Most importantly mine?! I looked down to my feet trying to visualize the scene; I could see his smirk form onto his mouth and I can guarantee that my face turned scarlet.

"For your information, my sleepovers are always fun! We don’t need someone to scare the living crap out of us to have 'fun'." Adding air quotation marks as I said fun.

Suddenly, my ears perk up as I heard a quiet noise outside my door. I put my index finger over my lips and quietly said "Shush."

Everyone stayed quiet and froze; I could hear the jingle of my dad's keys struggling to unlock the door. My eyes widened and I signaled Anthony and Ian out of my house, and they quickly snuck out. I ran towards Haddie grabbing her hand, and we quickly ran towards the staircase when suddenly I realized that my dad's broken trophy still lay scattered in the living room floor.

I swore quietly to myself and dragged Haddie upstairs. I gently closed my bedroom door and put my ear against it. I shuddered against the cold, wooden texture. Haddie stood beside me, her ear pressed against the door too. We stayed there silently, when suddenly I heard him coming up the stairs. I jump away the door and Haddie and I ran towards my bed. She jumped onto the bed and I grabbed the remote swiftly turning it on, and I ran back to my bed. While I attempted this, I slipped backwards.

A scream escaped my mouth as I landed on my butt. I felt pain shot up through my legs stopping at my butt, curse my clumsiness! Haddie gasped and she looked down at me. I laid on the cold floor in silence and pain when I heard my door open.

"Juliet? Why is my bowling trophy broken," he paused, "where’s Julie?" He asked Haddie.

I sat up and stole a glance over my head from my bed, "Hey dad!" I said cheerfully.

He stared at me dumbfounded and looked around the room.

"What are you girls doing?" He asked curiously.