xxiv. what dem girls like

Applied for that internship yet?

It's after work when Asmaa sees this text, and she doesn't know what to do with it, especially because she's at Phoenix, and whenever she was at work law school felt so far away.

Almost as far away as both Yara and Google.

She could blame the girls. 

Not yet :( I've been swamped

She hits 'Send.'

"...okay, but what if Drake came in?"

"I'd fuck up and get wet, bitch!"

"Ew--For Drake?"

"Hell yes for Drake, what do you fucking mean?" Minnie exclaims, causing the room to grow loud as Asmaa's laughter rings with her co-workers. Min is clapping her hands between words, her cheek piercings glinting under the lights. "What. Do. You. Mean?"

"Yeah," Kezie takes off her makeup with makeup remover wipes, "that's baby daddy material."

"I don't know about that, y'all," Rory purses her lips. "Rih didn't want him--she keeps curving that nigga."

"Rory, yes," Desi nods, jumping up and down to fit into her jeans. "That's true. I bet he's weird. He's probably way too sensitive."

"Now, you know your girl's right when Des agrees."

"So?" Laughs Tati. "He's fine as hell and rich as hell, too. I'd tap."

Desi wrinkles her nose. "Sensitivity is my least favorite shit."

"Because you're heartless," laughs Suzy. "Bitch, we know."

"Yo," Lyric shakes her head, "Drake for real for real looks like he cries after sex."

"No, but," Rory nods as the girls burst into laughter, "that seems one hundred percent accurate."

There's cackling now as Lyric laughs, flipping her blonde hair over her brown shoulder, "Don't tell me y'all don't think the same thing!"

"I read that he likes rim jobs!"

The girls are falling out, with Minnie actually hitting the floor. 

She looks up, cheek piercings glinting as she cries, "What?"

"Mhm," Irene purses her lips. "Your baby daddy likes your tongue up his ass!"

"I cannot," she cries. "Why must you do my M.C.E. like that, guys?"

"But, like," Asmaa grins, shrugging, "I believe it."

"How don't you?" Rory is trying not to burst into laughter again, "He totally looks like he'd be the one to ask you if you ate ass."

Lyric juts out a hand towards her, "That's what I'm sayin' y'all!"

"Shut up, Lyr!"

"I ain't ever lied, boo. Love you."

"He'd be like, 'It's 2018,'" adds Tati, giggling with the other women. "Girls eat the bootyhole, too."

"Suck this dick, mama," snorts Maria, "and while you're at it lick this asshole, too."

"What that tongue do?"

"Minnie, you're wild!"

"You say you're a strong, independent woman? Spread my legs and spread my cheeks."