xxx. youngblood

"You're so popular, Asmaa."

Hilarious—Asmaa almost laughs, because less than a year ago "popular" is absolutely not a word that would be used to describe her.

"I don't think I'm popular," she replies.

The group chat was...it was just lit right now.

It was Friday, and in preparation for the next event, Phoenix was closed for the weekend—which meant the girls didn't have to work tonight.

The club was unveiling their new event calendar, which meant nearly every week, there would be a promotion; a party, for the club. Next Thursday began the main event, kicking off the club's new party scene with a tribute to the Spice Girls and 90's bubblegum pop. All week, the girls had been asked to stay extra late at the club in order for Justin to take pictures. He brought in a full photographer to create a sexy 'Spice Girls' shoot, using Desi, Suzy, Minnie, Rory, and Asmaa, who was extra surprised that she'd been asked.

"You're one of the most popular babes," Justin had explained, to which she couldn't hide her shock.

"Me?"

"Yes, you," he had laughed. "You're hot as fuck, Asmaa. Men love you."

And she could tell by the number of private dances she'd had in the past few weeks. It was amazing, really, how her popularity was growing. Each night, she checked the page's Instagram and each night, she was blown by the frequency in which she showed up in the pictures.

"What do you mean you're 'not popular?'" Minuyara exclaims, laughing as she pushes up her glasses. "You barely have time for study sessions, you're so busy with your friends. That," she grins, lifting her pointer finger, "is a sign of popularity."

"That," replies Asmaa, "is a sign that I need to get my priorities straight."

She sets her phone down on the table.

"And right now, I need to focus on this."

"Okay, yeah," Minuyara laughs, lips pursed, "True—"

"But," Asmaa grins, "I did apply to Google."

"What!?" Yara claps her hands together, eyes growing wide with excitement behind her thick frames. "Yes! Finally! I'm so glad!"

Asmaa nods. "My friend Rory applied too," she nods. "And she's a real-life techie, so she's the real shoe-in."

"Sounds like my friend," she snorts fondly. "He's super smart, loves math. He works with me, so you get to meet him! I swear he's a real—"

"Husband?" Asmaa teases. "Because it sounds like you like him, Yara."

"We're just friends," Yara grins, although Asmaa remains visibly unconvinced. "Co-workers. Really, barely friends. Anyway," she clears her throat, "we really should get started."

Her phone's blowing up, though.

Kez: which one of y'all bitches is coming to dinner with me after class tonight???

Desi: me

Rory: uh you know you don't have to ask me twice

Kez: what aboutchu as?

Sorry sorry sorry guys I can't tonight
don't hate me :,(

Kez: WHAT

Desi: ¿QUE?

Rory: a bitch gets her box ate and now she can't make time for her girls smfh