xxviii. oral fixation

"So, what? You got a boyfriend now?"

"Don't think so," replies Kezie, as she finishes re-telling her story from the night before; about when she went out with Calum; about when he told her he had feelings for her. "I just think we're...we're on the same page. I think."

"Same page?" Asmaa turns around in the passenger seat. They're on their way to Phoenix; Rory is driving of course. "What does that mean exactly, Kezie?"

Desirée lifts an eyebrow. "You actually told him how you feel?"

"Well, I mean," she shrugs, "yeah."

The girls start squealing.

"Did you really?"

"Well," she's laughing that embarrassed laugh of hers, "Yeah, I did."

"Talk dirty to me then, bitch!"

"So?" Desi smiles smugly. "You fucked him, huh?"

"No!"

Rory bangs the steering wheel of the G. "You're lying, bitch!"

"I'm not! I promise, on my mom!" Kezie shakes her thick head of hair around, "That's actually what we talked about," she explains, "I told him that if we were gonna, like, date, then I wanted to date. I wanted to do things right and not rush into a relationship just 'cause we've known each other forever."

"Smart," nods Desirée.

"Girl," Rory purses her lips, "get that dick."

"We can double date!" squeals Asmaa. "Zayn says we don't go out enough, anyway," she says. "So you know this is mandatory," she bounces excitedly in the seat, "We can triple with Desi and Luke!"

Desirée starts choking. "Um, excuse me?"

"Don't tell me you're still ignoring Luke," Kezie sighs. "I can't handle bad news today."

"Fine. I won't tell you, then."

"Des!"

"What?" She exclaims. "You want to be in relationships," she says to her friends. "I don't."

"Okay," Rory shakes her head. "Fine. I don't believe you but it's fine."

Desi glares at her from the backseat. "Don't start, Rory—"

"But, I like Luke!" Asmaa exclaims before that could get started. "He's so cute and sweet."

"Exactly," nods Kezie. "Too cute and too sweet, man."

"Wait, hold on," Desirée raises a hand. She shakes her head, "Excuse me? What? Asmaa! You know Luke?"

"He's friends with Zayn," she nods. "I thought you knew that?"

"I didn't..." Desirée nibbles on her lip. "First Blaire, now you too Asmaa?" She groans, turning to stare out the window. "It's like I can't escape him..."

"So, stop trying to escape him," Kezie replies. "There's an idea."

"He's already gonna be at Bunny's wedding."

"Well, since everybody knows each other I take it Zayn'll be at that, too," she adds with an eye roll. "Won't he?"

"He's Asmaa's date of course," Rory laughs. "Of course Zayn'll be there."

And the girls continue on with the conversation, as Asmaa mentally checks out, her own thoughts returning to just the night before...when Zayn was over...

"Your wedding's the excuse I need not to go to mine."

Luke and Zayn were friends.

Luke was invited to Blaire's wedding.