The Storm

The sleeting rain pounded down hard on the window, the vibrations of thunder shaking the foundation of the building. Grell cowered and whined about the weather, hiding in The Undertaker's robes. His hand patted the top of their head, looking at the window. "Hmm~" He picked Grell up and bolted up the stairs to the top floor, annoyed screeches following him as Grell was slung over his shoulder. 

Grell huffed as they were set on their feet, The Undertaker looking around the seemingly empty room. He turned to Grell, giving her a dazzling smile as he tugged his hair back from his face. Grell swooned, leaning against him heavily. He pulled Grell close against his chest, feeling them shudder in pleasure. The Undertaker gripped onto Grell's chin, leaning in close to their face. Grell's eyes lit up and they whined, pressing closer against him. 

The Undertaker pressed Grell harshly against the wall, and quickly jerked his arm to the right. A strangled gurgle left the woman crouching in the corner, her blood overflowing and filling her throat. She choked, and Grell sighed. "So romantic," Grell sauntered off, walking to the next one. The Undertaker collected the woman's record and followed, grabbing Grell's hips before they could enter the next room.

Grell's breath hitched, "I'm not in the mood." They whined, and The Undertaker grinned. He quietly decapitated the quietly growling man behind him, running his hands over his new partner. Grell groaned, smacking his arm. "Why do you keep teasing me?" He laughed, gripping the inside of Grell's thigh. Grell growled, wriggling out of his grasp. "Stop that." 

The Undertaker sighed, listening to the silence as they collected records. The building they were in had a huge fire that managed to keep the building up with all four outside walls. The Undertaker grinned as he pulled Grell into a dusty closet, kissing them senseless. Grell groaned, wrapping himself around The Undertaker and grinding against him. 

The Undertaker shuddered in pleasure as Grell rubbed against him, tightening their legs around his waist. He hurriedly reached for Grell's clothes, but Grell's grip on his hands stopped him. "Later," the red-head winked, making The Undertaker sighed in frustration. His eyes flashed and Grell shuddered, aching for him to get impatient. 

Grell ground themselves against him once more, dashing out of closet when he growled. The Undertaker chased Grell down the halls as they finished up collecting records, almost catching Grell each time they stopped. Grell laughed as they taunted The Undertaker, until his eyes narrowed and focused. He stopped, watching Grell for a moment. 

Grell chuckled as The Undertaker stood in silence. Grell paused momentarily, and The Undertaker tackled them from behind. Grell cried out in shock as they fell, bodies tangled and laughs ringing out. Grell giggled as they rolled about the floor, wrapping themselves around The Undertaker as they both got covered in soot. 

The Undertaker lifted Grell from the floor, Grell holding on tightly as he stood. Grell checked the book once more and tapped the pen on the page. "Undie we missed one. It's some elderly woman..." Grell seemed slightly confused. "How could some old hag possibly survive this kind of fire?!" The Undertaker shook his head and headed to the basement of the building with Grell in his arms.

He set Grell back on two feet and helped them both dust off as much soot as they both could. After shaking out his hair, he followed Grell into the tightly locked up room. Though the walls and ceiling were reinforced, the door was surprisingly easy to open. The old woman looked up from her novel and offered a kind smile. "I was waiting for you two, though I expected there to be only one." 

The Undertaker grinned as Grell sneered. "No wonder such an old hag lived through-" The Undertaker smacked Grell upside the head, kneeling in front of the old woman. She ignored Grell as she smiled down at The Undertaker. 

"Mr Undertaker, I've heard much about you from the locals who visit your shop. I never thought you would be the one who would help me pass." Her voice wheezed out, and he offered her a gentle smile. She was always a joker. It was different from his usual smirk, and it made the woman let out a wheezed laugh. "Such a nice man, you are. You were always kind to me when I outlived my children." 

Her eyes became sad, and she set her hands in his. "It's time for you to join your children once again, as the Mother they know and love." Grell had gone silent at this point, and was watching the exchange with an odd expression. 

The woman's eyes filled with tears yet to be released, and she gripped his hands gently. "Thank you, Mr Undertaker. Please bury me next to my husband." He nodded, taking out his scythe. 

"It will be painless, just for you my dear." The woman smiled and closed her eyes, tilting her head back against her chair. He swiftly sliced and she was dead instantly, her records spilling from her. He gathered them quickly, putting her at peace. Grell walked up from behind him and wrapped their arms around him, their face buried in his back. 

"That was beautiful Undie." He smiled a gentle smile at the dead woman, gently lifting her from her chair. 

"Let's go, I have a beautiful casket for this woman all planned out." He let out a small chuckle as they left the building. He cleaned her and made her some nice clothes, setting her gently in her casket. He smiled down at her as he brushed her hair from her forehead. This woman had a special place in his being, and she always would. 

He watched her grow into adulthood and mature into the lovely woman that she was now. She was always very kind, and would always find some way of bumping into him throughout her life. He caught her when she was very little when she fell out of a tree, saved her from thugs when she was a young girl, took her out for a drink when she was teen and had her heart broken, and helped her with her children when she almost broke down in public. 

This was his final duty as her guardian. To help her through her death and give her the most beautiful casket for her beautiful soul. It matched her perfectly, little colored flowers sitting randomly in the blanket to show her silly and spontaneous personality, and the silky ivory sheets to match her long locks of hair bound above her head on the pillow. 

He closed the lid and brought it to the site, setting her down in the grave next to her already deceased  husband. I smiled at the thought of the sweet woman reuniting with her husband and children. Grell showed up as I was putting the finishing touches on her grave, adding a bouquet of flowers for them. I added a single flower to each of their children's graves from the bouquet, leaving her grave with two. 

Grell watched in silence, not sure what to make of his behavior. He gave Grell his signature grin, handing them a paper. It was a resignation paper, telling Grell that he was no longer their partner. He walked off with a straight face, wishing blessings upon the beautiful woman he was gifted with passing on. He could finally end his career in peace, leaving him to just wander around until he was needed again. 

It was time to move on to the next place, to care for someone else who needed it.