Chapter 26

CHLOE POV

~Monday Morning~

I woke up in my bed alone. I figured that Hayes's mom would probably be mad if he didn't return home last night.

I got out of bed with red baggy eyes. I hop in the shower and wash my hair. I shave and get out. I wear 'Jennifer Clutch' jeans and a red Hollister shirt with my red lifeguard sweatshirt. I slip on black vans and just put on a little bit of mascara because I will probably do some crying today. I just put my hair up in a slick ponytail, honestly I'm not going to dress to impress today.

"Chloe?!" Haley yells through my door. "What?!" "Are you going to school today?!" "Yeah!" "Ok be ready in 5 minutes!" "K!"

I grab my phone and race downstairs. Mackenzie has her head on the table with cereal beside her. "Mackenzie are you not eating today?" Haley asks sitting beside her. I hear a sniff and small cries. She lifts her head up and looks at her full bowl of Lucky Charms. "Mommy's favorite cereal was Lu-Lucky Charms," she says wiping her eyes. Haley grabs the bowl and takes her by her arm. She leads her to the door and I follow behind her. We walk out to the car and drive to school in the poring rain.

My mom always told us that when it is raining, that means someone you love is up in heaven crying. It is a signal to you. It must be my mom.

We pull up to my school and I say bye to Haley and Mackenzie.

"Chloe if anyone says something to you just tell them to back off and leave you alone k?" Haley says. I nod my head and close the door.

As I'm walking into school, I don't get weird looks from people. They are acting perfectly normal. But of course when I walk by Taylor and Maddie's group, they all stare at me. "Oh look it's the girl whose mom died. What a loner," Taylor says laughing. This time nobody laughs with her. "You know what Taylor, I am so sick and tired of you! You have made my life get worser and worser every day! You just won't stop! What have I ever done to you?!" I tell her. She looks surprised and Maddie does too. She pauses and then says,"You stole my boyfriend!" "He chose me instead of you! And clearly I know why! You're such a bi-!" "Girls girls calm down-" Maddie tries to say. "No! My mom is dead! Do you know how hard that is?! Your mom is probably still alive! And you have a dad!" I yell in her face. She makes me just want to-ugh!

She looks down then at me. Then she pushes me to the ground. I fall hard onto my leg. I grab my knee and wince in pain. "Ow ow ow ow!" I yell crying. The rain is pouring on me.
"Chloe!" Hayes yells and runs to me. He kneels down next to me. "Taylor just go!" he tells Taylor and she runs away. The girls huddle around me. "OMG are you ok?" "I didn't think she would do that." and "oh Chloe?" they say. "Chloe what happened babe?" Hayes says really worried, I can tell.
"I think my leg is broken," I say crying in pain.

He picks me up and carries me to the nurse. When we get in there the nurse looks confused.

"I think I broke my leg," I say sniffling. "What happened dear," she said coming from behind her desk. "Taylor pushed me down." "Taylor Moski?" "Ya we got into a fight." "Ok just bring her in here. And who are you sir?" she asks. "Oh I'm her boyfriend." "Oh ok." He sets me down on the bench and the nurse rolls up my pants. My leg is swollen. "Looks pretty swollen but I don't think a break though," she says, and I sigh in relief. I see Hayes chuckle and I wink at him. "But definetly stay off of it for at least 1 day, it needs a rest." "Ok." "Let me call your mom-" "My mom's dead," I say fighting back more tears to escape my eyes. "Oh-ok how about your dad?" "He's-" "It's ok just call my mom," Hayes says speaking up.
"Ok what's her number?" Hayes tells her the number.

I look at my knee and think about my mom. My mom would be here for me when I'm down. When I've been pushed down. But my dad on the other hand, would not have been there for me. When I was young, he would never go to my school plays, performances, open house, gymnastics meets, gymnastics classes. Nothing. He wouldn't even read me a bedtime story or kiss me goodnight. I always thought that that was really suspicious, but I think he's been hiding a secret from us all along.

Dear readers,

Waz up!!! Im so happy that I have 2.3k reads!!! My new goal is 3K reads. XOXO😘

💛LONDON

FUN FACTS ABOUT ME-------------

Hobbies- DANCE, basketball, running

Favorite song- I am currently obsessed with 'Problem' by 'Ariana Grande'

Favorite food- Mac 'n' cheese

I have 1 brother and 1 sis

LOVE MY FRIENDS!!!

PLEASE READ:

@Nashbrowns_Viners

@Imari_puhlease

@Queen_Lavato15