Chapter 15: Tiredness

(Y/n)'s POV:
Garcia then pauses a second. "Seems like she was doing that with the help of James via messages."

"Wait through the help of James? I thought they hadn't stayed in touch because of the restraining order that was placed? Like ideally it is supposed to keep someone away." I remark.

"Ideally, but our missy kept a separate phone to message him personally," Garcia mentions.

"But, James still didn't know the reason behind the restraining order and helped her despite all he got was her heartfelt apology." Emily reminds us.

"Well, James was aware of the relationship with David being abusive. Then the fact that he kept in touch with her, he clearly still cares about her." Hotch says.

"See here's the kicker though. A month prior to her murder her parents reached out to her and she finally responded. She apologized for not staying in touch and they asked to meet her and she declined." Garcia starts off. "And then a week after she responded to them she texted them furious saying things along the lines of, 'Why did you hire a P.I?', 'How could you?', 'Just let me be!'."

"Why were her parents going to such lengths to hire a private investor to track down where your daughter is?" Morgan says looking baffled at Andrea's picture.

Poor girl.

"It could be that David had something above her parent's head and the only thing that could help to keep him off their backs is Andrea," Reid answers with a somber expression.

"See, that's why you're Boy Genius. Since Monica was of age to file for the rape she faced 12 years ago and the P.I found out about her filing a report against David. David promised that he could get rid of that and they wouldn't live with the public shame of failing to protect her."

"Because nothing yells 'I love and protect my daughter' like selling her off to the very person who is the cause of her problems." Emily retorts.

"Based on what we know we should start with the profile since we're expecting to deliver it tomorrow in the early morning," Hotch explains to us.

"Well, given how this seems to surround this family in particular. We can rule out the unsub possibly lashing out." I start and I look around and everyone nods their heads at me in agreement.

"They really did a number on Andrea's parents which means that they probably have it out for them. In this situation, it means that the kill was personal." Reid says.

"True, but I can't shake off the feeling that they are experienced. The mutilation of the genitals despite being messy is still precise." Morgan says as he flips through the pictures of their crime scene. "They went as far as to convince them to stomach marriage papers."

"Could be that they made it personal and now they're dormant. Just as Morgan said the unsub was able to stand their ground to get them to swallow papers and let's not forget they removed their rings as well." JJ states.

"They've been quiet for a week now. Since Andrea was killed 5 days before her parents, what could they be waiting for?" Rossi asks us while looking at the board filled with pictures of the case.

"From a geographical standpoint, they never left the city. Which means they were nearby." Reid points out.

"True, but were they victims, at a wrong place and time and the unsub then stalked them or mere coincidence that they have this intertwining history?" I say out loud.

"Most out of all times Pretty Girl it's not a mere coincidence," Morgan tells me.

I was afraid of that.