Chapter 3

🔑Lucy's P.O.V🔑

Jeez! The Social Studies teacher can be so annoying sometimes. He gets half of his facts wrong, and then fails half the class for putting down the answers that he taught us were right! Ugh! It just gets me mad. 

I was walking to lunch whenever I got another phone call from the hospital. I closed my eyes, breathed in and out, then answered the phone.

🔥Natsu's P.O.V🔥

I was walking to lunch to meet up with my gang, when Lucy of the Nons was in the back of a hallway on the phone again. I hid again, and tried to see if I could hear the voice from the phone as well.

"How... Social Studies... Correct... Teacher again?" Was what I got from the phone.

"Haha! Yes! I corrected him alright. As for how it went, it was better then normal. Natsu of The Populars was trying to get my attention today. Is that news?" Lucy said. There was a loud squeal from the phone, then raspy coughs.

"Stop of! Stop it! Stop laughing please!" Lucy kept pleading.

"I'm fine... Want... Grand babies... Possible." Was from the phone.

"MOM! I'm still way to young for that! Now, I need to get to lunch. I'm helping Juvia study for the statistics test today."

"Tutor... Populars... Friends." From the phone.

"Me?! Tutor the Populars?! Wow mom. That's the dumbest idea ever. You know about our one rule. No matter how much we might want to be friends. None and Pops DON'T MIX." she said very clearly.

"Yeah, yeah. I know. Love ya! Now let me talk to dad." 

There was a pause, but then a deep voice came onto the phone that was way easier to hear.

"Thank you for staying happy my dear Lucy. Even though you hide this from you friends, I'm glad that you don't let this affect you as much as it is me." It said.

"Dad! I take theatre arts for a reason. I'm an amazing actress! Now I'm starving! So bye dad!" She said as she hung up. The moment she did, she walked over to the lockers and started banging her head against them.

"That's what I'm doing! Hiding behind a mask until I finally lash out! Ugh! Why is life so cruel?! And where's your brother when he's needed most? Across the world with his girlfriend! He doesn't even bother calling, even after I told him!" She kept talking to herself. 

Then I decided that that's enough. I was going to get to the bottom of this. I get up from my hiding place and walked up behind her. She must of seen my shadow or something, because she immediately wiped her face and steadied her breathing.

"I'm not as dumb as you think. I saw you have a breakdown just now"

"Crap! What did you hear?" She said slightly turning her head to me.

"Enough to know that you're hiding behind a mask, like you said. I heard you from the moment you answered the phone." I said.

"Well then... I suppose I shouldn't just talk on my phone in school. Thanks for the heads up. Now if I remember Correctly, you're a popular. I suggest we split paths here before we get caught breaking out mini law. Goodbye Dragneel." She said as she walked off. Her emotions were in between embarrassment, anger, sadness, and other sad stuff that I'm not used to. I just hope that she's OK.

🔑Lucy's P.O.V🔑

I can't get caught like that again. Especially sense my mom only has an estimated time of a week left of living. 

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter! BYE!