-Chapter 1-

(Megumi's point of view)

-What if we ruin it all, and we love like fools-

-And all we have we lose-

-And I don't want you to go but I want you so-

-So tell me what-

-Tell me what-

-Tell me what we choose-

My hands pointed upwards, one outstretched while the other was closer to my chest. My breath heaved against my arm, hot and deep, exhaustion was at its peak from underneath my mask. My arms lowered as the sounds of the fans finally reached my ears, I plastered on a bright smile bowing towards all my fans.

The mask I wore only revealed my mouth and the shape of my bright blue eyes, my normally black hair was a dark silver. Pieces of fake snow scattered along with it, the mask going above my head sprouting a pair of ears.

I skated towards my couch and manager feeling the worlds eye for me, but they weren't cheering for me. They were cheering for the girl with the mask, The Snow Leopard. I wished one day to hear the cheers of my true name, but until that day comes I would hid behind the mask.

I gazed out the window watching the clouds fly by me while my memories of this past week took over my thoughts. Another tournament in American had come and gone leaving me with another gold medal.

Finally I had been rewarded with a trip to see my family after five years, I had watched Yuri closely seeing how far he had come. His new coach truly did a number on him, I had never seen my bro biscuit skate like that. I sighed the heat of my breath fogging up the plane's window slightly. I was happy for my brother, but I knew that going back would mean that I would have to encounter him.

At the beginning of my career I had no problems with Victor Nikiforov, in fact I admired him just as much as Yuri had. We both grew up watching him skate with wide eyes, we both would mimic his moves trying to be just like him.

Going into my first Women's Grand Prix was when the whispers started. The rest of the skaters didn't have to worry about being compared to him, but if you ever heard 'Katsuki Megumi' mentioned eventually Victor's name would come up. I was constantly compared to a literal living legend, constantly putting more pressure on my performances.

I wasn't sure how I would react to the man, I mean even with my slight dislike towards the man now I still admired him. It wasn't his fault that everyone constantly scrutinized my skating abilities in comparison to him.

I could hear my manager, Abbison, typing away at her computer dealing with the press. Keeping my identity secret was a full time job, not even my family was aware of who I was. If they ever asked about my skating career I would have to lie, and it hurt me every single time.

My thoughts drifted back to my older brother, I couldn't wait to skate with him again at the ice rink. I could feel the excitement bubbling through my veins. Slowly the plane began to make its descent into my hometown, my excitement only escalating.

Bless my poor manager, I left her behind with my luggage without a second thought. I knew my way like the back of my hand, although I knew I would get the scolding of a life time later. I made my way home, hoping to surprise the entire family, thankfully no one was currently outside.

I made my way inside yelling, "Surprise." To everyone however, only my parents and sister were home. Part of me was relieved not having to see Victor, but the other part was saddened at the absence of my brother.

"Meg-Chan! You're home!" Everyone came to greet me wrapping me into their arms, I was the baby of the family much to my own annoyance. I had left when I was sixteen after my debut at fifteen went horribly wrong. I couldn't face my family for the longest time, leaving without them ever knowing. Eventually I had to call them and let them know I went to America, I needed their permission to skate.