-Chapter 5-

(Megumi's Point of View)

-Friends, I watched us as we changed-
-The feelings in my headspace rearranged-
-I want you more than I've wanted anyone-
-Isn't that dangerous-

The song played throughout the rink yet I stood on the ice unmoving. It had been two days since I last talked to Victor and Yuri, I had been hiding away. I wish I could tell you there was some good reason.

But honestly its because I was scared of him, scared at how he acted around me. Scared of how he made everything seem ok, making sense of my world. The madness was always twirling around my own headspace, the words of the song making more sense then they should have.

"For my theme this year I have chosen Longing, it's an emotion that every person in the world will experience or have already. I want to be able to show that emotion through my skating this year."

I sighed slightly remembering what I had thought about shortly after the press release, what I was truly longing for.

I sat at the bench waiting for Abbison to be ready to leave, my eyes staring off into space like I had so many times before. My eyes glazed over as I entered my own fantasy. I took off on the ice my mask forgotten on the shelf as the world cheered my name. MY name.

I went into my starting position looking over at the sidelines, my family were watching me with tears in their eyes. I looked over seeing my boyfriend watching me with love in his eyes, sparkling as I began my skating routine.

I floated across the ice everyone watching me with awe. I did not stumble. I didn't fall or mess up my jumps like I had when I skated as Katsuki Megumi the first time around.

I ended pointed towards the group of people I always knew would be by my side. Gasping from the strenuous exercise, I made my way over to the people I loved the most. While still the audience screamed... my name.

"Meg!" My head snapped towards my manager, my mind ripping itself away from my thoughts. She watched me with guarded eyes, concern still leaked away from them.

"I've been calling for you for ten minutes, are you alright." I skated towards her putting on my skating guards.

"I need a break." I muttered grasping my shoes in one hand and my bag in the other. I couldn't skate, for some reason something inside of me just was screaming 'no!' Every time I felt like I was in the air trying to walk but couldn't.

"Meg!" I heard her voice follow after me, but I put my regular shoes on and left before she could talk me into coming back.

"Thank you Victor for the pork cutlet bowl." I muttered not sure why he had pulled me aside like this.

"Well a Leopard deserves more than a rabbit's meal."

I stared at him for a minute before breaking into silent giggles. "That's what I thought to." I muttered soft enough for only our ears.

"Really thank you." I looked down watching him from underneath my eyelashes, "It meant a lot."

"Of course, just don't tell Abbison." He held his finger to his mouth whispering a 'shh' sound and I mimicked it.

We both went our separate ways with smiles on our faces.

"Oof." I heard as I accidentally bumped into someone, I looked up seeing the person I had been avoiding. My heart leapt to my throat, pounding at the mere sight of him.