Chapter 4: Making the National Team

Ragan's POV
My team has finished all events but I have floor left. I salute and pose. I start my routine and everyone starts cheering. I finish my first tumbling pass and the crowd starts roaring with cheers. They also clapped along to my floor music. The rest of my passes were stuck and I became the national champion! After awards we put on our USA gear, got our plaques, and lined up so we could be announced as the senior national team. We started walking and the announcer started talking. "Now at this time we would like to introduce to you for the first time ever your 2018 senior Women's National team! These ladies will represent the USA in national and international competition!" The announcer said. We walked onto the floor and faced the crowd. I couldn't stop smiling! The announcer started saying our names. "From Texas Dreams, Abi Walker! From, Salcianu Elite, Maile O'Keefe! From Orlando Olympians, Emma Malabuyo! From Texas Dreams, Deanne Soza! From Orlando Olympians, Morgan Hurd! From Orlando Olympians, Ragan Smith! From Brandy Johnson's, Sydney Johnson-Scharpf! From MG Elite, Laurie Hernandez! From Orlando Olympians, Jade Carey! And Also From Orlando Olympians, Riley McCusker!" The announcer said. "Ladies and gentlemen, your 2018 senior women's national team!" He continued. We raised our plaques and faced both sides of the crowd! I'm so happy we all made the National Team. I do feel bad for Ashton though because she is out until next year with a broken knee injury. I really hope she can come back next year! I also hope that I don't get injured at Worlds this year. Ashton has a knee brace and crutches until she gets her surgery.