Chapter Three - First for Everything

I rushed into the nursery, pride beaming from my face. Deathkit and Bloodkit didn't look up from their fight, seemingly uninteresting in what I had to say. "Hey! Guess what I did that neither of you have done!" I boasted, hopping around.

Deathkit pinned Bloodkit but didn't acknowledge I was there. "Hey!" I yelled and they finally looked up. Annoyance filled their gaze.

I glared at them with a smirk on my face. "Guess who had fresh-kill today and you didn't?" I spat in a challenging tone, raising my chin.

"Not you, that's for sure!" Deathkit retorted, shoving into me. I stumbled a bit, but I unsheathed my claws and held my ground. Deathkit narrowed his eyes and full blown pushed me into the nursery wall.

"Screw off." I snarled. The two toms didn't look frightened in anyway. Bloodkit padded over and circled me, smirking. He retorted, "You must have dreamed you had fresh-kill. Newborns like you, pipsqueak, can't handle fresh-kill!" I stood up and narrowed my eyes.

"Even ask Frostfur! She gave me a whole mouse and I ate the whole thing in one big gulp!" I exclaimed, shoving Bloodkit to the ground. Bloodkit scrambled up, trying to cover up that he fell, and let out a growl. He unsheathing his claws, ready for a fight.

"Don't you ever push me again you mouse-brained fox-lover!" Bloodkit screeched, pure rage flooding into his amber eyes. I tried to hide the fear that I felt by smirking. My tail trembled a bit as he charged at me and I swerved to the side. Thank StarClan for Scourge... I thought just as Bloodkit grabbed me and we tumbled to the other side of the nursery.

Bloodkit raise his unsheathed paw and I cringed. My instinct made me start beating on his stomach. Bloodkit yowled as my claws sunk into his stomach. I squealed as he lashed out at me, hitting my face and chest hard.

My face stung and I could see my muzzle welling up with blood. I used all my strength to shove him off. Standing up, I put a paw onto my muzzle to dab the wound.

"What's going on in here?" Tawnypelt yelled, stomping into the den. Great, now I'm going to get punished for it! "Icekit pushed me so I pushed her back and she hit the den wall and then she started hitting me!" Bloodkit lied quickly, looking up at her innocently. He limped slowly over to her.

"You are such a liar! That's not what happened at all!" I gasped loudly, taking a daring step forward.

"Oh, I'm a liar now? No you are!" Bloodkit gasped and Deathkit nodded. "Enough! Icekit I do not want to see this happen again. Get out and go see Cinderpelt." Tawnypelt exclaimed, shooing me out of the nursery harshly.

I stumbled out of the nursery, tail trailing in the muddy clearing as I stalked away, my ears flat to my head. I felt so betrayed. Wasn't my mother suppose to punish both of us? Even if Bloodkit was Mousefur's problem, shouldn't she tell Bloodkit off too? Why don't I have a say in anything?

I sighed and stepped into the medicine den, the four medicine cats were talking and sorting through herbs.

"Tawnypelt sent me here." I mumbled to no one in particular.

Cinderpelt turned around, her severely injured leg propped up. "Oh! Icekit, I didn't even know you were here!" Cinderpelt purred but when I didn't purr back, she seemed to regret saying it, an awkward silence following after.

"Why'd she send you here?" Littlecloud finally asked and I looked up. "I would've expected Bloodkit or Deathkit to come in wounded. I heard the fight in there, but I didn't expect you to come in at all." I shrugged and he held under my jaw with his paw.

"It's nothing bad; I don't think it's deep enough for an infection." Cinderpelt murmured to Littlecloud. Mudfur padded over and narrowed his eyes.

"Hm, I'll get some cobweb for that." He mumbled, turning around to get it.

Mudfur came back with cobwebs and he dabbed them onto my muzzle. "This will stop the bleeding," He informed me. Honestly I couldn't care less.

I sighed and he took the cobwebs back. "I think you'd be best to stay in here, to be honest. Tawnypelt has changed a lot from when we lived in the forest and when she's mad..." Cinderpelt trailed off and Barkface continued for her. His voice came from the back of the den. "Let's just leave it at: Icekit, you're going to spend the night in the medicine den because Tawnypelt needs some time to herself." Barkface muttered and I narrowed my eyes.

"'Time to herself'? But what about Deathkit? She couldn't last a day without that stupid furball." I growled, padding to the nearest nest. Cinderpelt purred but no one said anything.

Settling down, I curled up in a nest and fell asleep.