Chapter 21

~Jamie Lakewood~

    I got in the house and took a hot shower. I put my wet hair in a braid. I slipped in my cherry red tank top and white pajama short shorts. Click! Thump! Click! Thump! I looked over to my window and saw Hunter, standing out my window, throwing rocks to get my attention. I opened my window "Hunter? What are you doing here?" He was grinning "Come down and I'll tell u in our treehouse. "Fine, I'll be down in a minute." I sighed.

    I snuck past my mom, who was sleeping on the couch and went out the front door. She had to goo to therapy twice a week but she is always exhausted. I snuck in my backyard and climbed into my treehouse to see Hunter, sitting of the floor. "Okay, why are you here?" He smiled "I didn't see you at the formal." My cheeks turned pink "Oh... Umm...." I tried to make an excuse. "Is there something you want to tell me?"

    His eyes were boring into mine. "Um...." I stuttered. He sighed and scooted closer, "You can tell me anything Jamie." Heat was coursing through my body "I um... had to visit my mom... at the hospital." I lied. "You're a terrible liar Jamie." he said softly. His voice was so kind, sweet, I can't lie to him. At the formal I could say anything, now I can't say anything at all.

    I looked down and fumbled with ny fingers. Hunter placed a finger under my chin and forced me to look at him. "Don't think, just enjoy the moment," he whispered quietly. "What do you me-" I was cut off by his lips brushing against mine. Fireworks went. through my head and butterflies erupted in my stomach. I did my first instinct and kissed him back. My hands linked behind his neck. We pulled away after a while.

    Hunter walked me to the front door and kissed me softly before leaving. "Jamie," he called after me before I went inside. "Yeah?" I said, "Will you go on a date with me tomorrow night?" I smiled "Of course." He walked down the driveway to his car, down the neighborhood. I snuck back into my room and touched my lips. That did not just happen.

    I jumped at Elizabeth smirking at me. did she see everything? "So, you and Hunter?" she asked, amusement in her voice. I chuckled.before nudging her, "Goodnight Liz." before closing the door. Tomorrow seems so close, the thought of being with Hunter alone made my heart race. Tomorrow will be one hell of a day.