Chapter 6: Hampas

"Phieb.. I want us to stay like this but.." his voice stuttered while speaking..

".. but my parents wanted to send me abroad..

and-- an--d you know 'twas a dream f-for me too."

"Why are you telling me this?" she finally opened her mouth and give out a deep breath, trying to hold her emotion.

In her mind, “as if something would change”

"I want you to know.

You know that I wanted to say things to you honestly. Ayokong masaktan ka for long"

"Yeahh I know how frank you are, and I know that you're not interested either..

about anything..

"But Pheib.. you know my reason diba?"

"In your world it’s just you, right? It's only your dreams. You don't care how people around you feels.. but don't worry I am not blaming you. It was me. I admit it. Let it be this way. Thank you for those happy memories."

"Pheib.. we're still friends right? We're bestfriends diba? That won't change. Wag naman sana natin putulin yung friendship natin. Mas okay naman na magkaibigan tayo diba?"

Tumango lang siya in agreement. She doesn't want to make the conversation longer.

Remembering her reaction that day makes her feel awkward. Parang naiinis siya na natatawa sa sarili niya.

“I’m such a stupid-childish-girl-freak who think she’s in love with a selfish jerk..” she mumbled.

Nasa poolside siya thinking of her childish act that day when someone appears from behind.

"H--hi.."

She looked and was a bit surprised when she saw who it was but still not so sure who.

"hmm.. do I.."

"It's good if we just say di pa tayo kilala.." he said abruptly.

"Wow!! You see I don't talk to strangers."

"Aren't you not talking to me right now?" smirk.

"Well.." she said.

“stupid”, said it in her mind.

"You looked lonely so I came in.." agaw niya. "Nag-aalangan nga ako pero.."

"well okay.. " agaw ng babae. "Parang ang rude lang." she added.

Napatingin ang lalaki dito.

"I'm sorry then.." said it heartily.

“Bilis naman makapag-sorry ni kuya.”, in her mind.

"This is my first time here anyway" he said while playing with his feet in the water. "And I’m surprised to see you here"

Sabi niya na may halo pang kaba sa dibdib.

He can't really fixed himself this time. Awkward na parang nahihiya na di alam ang gagawin and the girl notices it.

"Well it is for me din. Unplanned nga eh. My parents just drove right through here.. hayyyy"

"You sound sad.. really.."

"Don't mind me, I'm okay..

stranger.." pabalang na wika nito.

Napatingin siya dito. The girl's face is looking down the water.

He was stunned by that moment.

"She was beautiful" he thought. Little did he know that the girl is now facing him with unexplained facial expression.

"Hey!"

He was then back to reality when he heard that.

"Aw snap it!" he thought.

"Sorry.. I never thought you're this beautiful.." he smiles sarcastically.

"lol ka." she said then laugh, stares at him for a while and then give him a quick raised of her eyebrow. (nalibog ko hahaha)

"astig!" he said it low pero dinig pa din ng babae na naging dahilang ng biglaan niya pagkahampas sa may balikat. Napatingin siya sa girl dahil sa pagkabigla niya.

"awppphh! Sorryyy.." "heheh"

"pheib kakahiya ka bat mo hinampas" she thought.. "ang gwapo lang ng loko eh.."

"She's so cute" he thought. “She smiles with innocence. Her eyes, so beautiful.

Nagbawi na agad siya ng tingin ng marinig niya ang sinabi ng babae.

Iwas tingin.

They both smile secretly.

“Anyway..
Sef..” pagpapakilala niya at naglahad ng kamay.

“I’ll pretend I didn’t hear you.” said it then act uninterested.

‘What the! This girl is..” said it in his thought. “Kalma Sef”

“Awpphh.. Okay then..” he said with a lil disappointment.

“I’ll wait til you introduced yourself to me.. Officially”, he added with a smile.

“Good then” she answered and smiles the same.