Eighteen

Esme

Today is the day I'm finally graduating. I can say goodbye to sucky high school drama and life. I can choose to be what I want, what I want to do, and if I even want to go to college.

Being single and having time to think about myself has done a lot of good things to me. I've been thinking about myself and only myself. I've been getting closer to my family more than anything. Rosalina and I have Saturday's where we go to spas and talk about how we are doing.

Parker and April are doing really good together. He's actually settled down, and April and I have became close. Ariana and Aiden are expecting a child. Yes. Ariana got pregnant about four months ago. Aiden and Ariana are super excited. Harmony has a girlfriend named Daisy. Those two are super cute together also.

Brayden and Justine are still together. Those two are never separated. Brayden tries to make me talk about Zayn, but I don't want too. About four months ago, I left an unflattering drunk voicemail which I regret every time.

I stand in my bedroom, my smile never leaving my mouth. Graduation is tonight, and today is the last day of school. I decided on a black dress that falls to my mid thigh, and the sleeves are long sleeved. It's a cute dress. My hair is curled in beach waves.

"Hurry up." Parker complains outside of my bedroom door. I roll my eyes before grabbing my purse and phone and walking out of my bedroom. Parker leans against the wall, scrolling on his phone.

"About damn time." Parker grumbles shoving his phone into his pocket. I roll my eyes with a small laugh. We walk downstairs and into the kitchen. Rose is standing at the oven flipping something over in the skillet, probably some pancakes. My dad is sitting at the island.

"Hello my babies." Rose states with a grin playing at her lips. Parker sits down next to my dad as I continue standing. If I sit down, I might rip something. This dress is awfully tight on my ass.

"Morning ma." Parker hums softly grabbing a piece of bacon from the placed on the table from Rose. I lean against the counter, as my dad looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Are you actually going to wear that to school?" Dad questions me and I roll my eyes before Rose turns around inspecting my dress. Parker is now looking at me also. Great. Attention.

"I think she looks beautiful honey. It's her last day as a high schooler. Let her live a little." Rose says waving her spatula around. I let out a laugh as my dad starts grumbling under his breath. I run my fingertips along the counter.

After breakfast, Parker is driving me to school today. I'm scared to graduate tonight. I don't know. I thought I was excited but what if I don't know what I want to do when I'm twenty? I need something to do. I need to find a job this summer.

Parker parks in his usual parking spot. He helps me out, and his arm wraps around my shoulders. I actually enjoy being Parker's little step sister. Everyone thought we were dating. How gross is that?

"Tonight is the night Esme. We will be high school graduates ready to kick ass in the real world." Parker states with his voice becoming more excited. I let out a laugh, as he walks us towards the entrance. So many girls are dressed up, some more than others.

"Ariana is watching us very closely. You should go over there before she literally has a heart attack." Parker says, nodding towards Ariana who is in the arms of her tattooed boyfriend. I pull away from Parker before walking down the hallway towards my friends.

When I reach Aiden and Ariana, Aiden winks at me with a chuckle as Ariana leans against him. His hands resting on her belly. She has a bump now but it isn't visible if she isn't wearing a tight shirt, like right now, or if you look very hard. Ariana is gorgeous always has been. She's wearing a neon pink top that is tight along with a black leather skirt. She looks like someone from the 80's but she can pull it off.