~9~

Nate stared at Mat.

"H-hi," his soulmate said, waving slightly.

"Hey," Nate said.

Nicole had slipped out of the room, but neither noticed.

Mat ran into Nate's arms. "I'm so so so so so so sorry, Nate! You don't know how much I'm suffering. I couldn't sleep. I regretted it! I shouldn't try and pressure you into doing things! You are so amazing, and I don't care if my friends don't believe me! I love you!"

Nate ran his fingers through Mat's brown hair. "I love you too," was all he could manage. He sucked in a sharp breath. "Everything was harder without you. It was hard to get out of bed. I couldn't even bring myself to look decent."

Mat looked up at Nate. "You look amazing to me," he commented.

Nate smiled. "You have to say that, you're my boyfriend!"

Mat smiled. "I am?"

"Of course! I'm so sorry we fought. I shouldn't have stormed out. I should have talked to you. I just didn't expect that from you."

Mat gave Nate a small sideways smile. "I didn't expect that from me either."

They sat in an uncomfortable silence. Nate shifted in his seat.

Mat stared at his hands, which were folded on his lap. He and Nate weren't usually this uncomfortable with each other.

It was his fault that they were.

"Nate I-" Mat started.

Nate interrupted him by wrapping his arms around him. "You don't have to apologize. I know. I know."

Mat snuggled into Nate's neck. This is where he belonged.

~End~