chapter five;Its payback time

Thanks for hanging on to read this chapter. I hope you'll find it interesting 😉

"Your mum is fine. She's just been unconscious for the past hours but she'll soon be up" the young female doctor assured.

"Are you sure?" she hesitated.

"Ofcourse" the doctor flashed her a reassuring smile "You can go in and see her"

Akeelah made her way into the ward and sat beside her mum.Her face hadn't really changed, she was still that beautiful woman that gave birth to her. Except that since they packed here her mum had started having dark circles and now she carefully examined her face with her eyes.

She discovered the eye bags under her mum's eyes.This means her mum's been having sleepless nights and has been going through stress.

If only you would really tell me what's wrong mum.

Her train of thoughts shattered as her mum cracked her eyes open. She reached for her hand

"Mum" She croaked.

"Akeelah" her mum gave out a tired smile "W-why didn't you pick my calls? I thought something bad had happened to you"

"I-I'm sorry mum." she cried.

"I'm not mad at you my dear. I just want you to know that worrying about you is something I can never can ever stop,okay? So now stop crying. I'm perfectly fine now and I should rather be the one who's sorry" her mum smiled.

"It's all okay mum. I'm just glad you're feeling better now. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if anything worse had happened" she placed a peck on mum's head as she stood up. "I'll get your discharge papers mum. So that we can go home and I'll make you your favorite dish" she flashed a wink.

"Sure dear.I'm salivating for it already most especially because it's my dear who's interested in cooking it for me" she smiled.

"Yes mum. Let me go now. I don't like this place for you"

She decided to get her mum's medicine first. Her eyes widened in surprise-

K.c? Still here? It's past seven already

As if he had felt her eyes on him.He jerked his head in her direction

"Why are your eyes ten times bigger,unh?" he said referring to her widened eyes. "And how's your mum doing now?"

For the first time today. He's talking with his sense.

"Or are you planning on asking why I care again" he smirked.

She rolled her eyes at him "My mum's fine" she grunted.

"Nice to hear that. I'll take my leave now" he pinched the bridge of his nose and turned around.

Akeelah watched as his figure became smaller and smaller until she couldn't see him again.

Oh my God Akeelah. Is that how bad your ego has swelled? You should have atleast told him a thank you even if he's been a jerk.

It was ten to eight when k.c got home. As agreed Max and Drake would be in his house by now. The three of them usually hung out every Friday or met in either of their house to have a nice time.

He parked his car and made for the door quietly.There wasn't any need to be creepy, afterall the roar of his car engine was enough to have announced his arrival. He creaked the door open and took a few steps into the living room. His two friends were sprawled out on the three sitter.