→One | Gray Skies

A loud thud was made when Leigh-Anne jumped from her bed. For the first time in her life, she has overslept. Of course, there would be consequences of staying up in the early hours of the morning binge watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Panic came over Leigh-Anne as she rushed towards her vanity and picked out her uniform. With no hesitation, she threw it on along with her glasses. There was no time for Leigh-Anne to tame her Afro so she pulled it back into a tight ponytail.

Ducky, Leigh-Anne's French bulldog came bounding into the room, grabbing her geometry homework with its teeth. Leigh-Anne gasped as slid over to her dog, almost falling over.

"Ducky, please!" Leigh-Anne cried, trying to get the paper from his mouth.

Sadly, it was too late. Ducky had chewed up the paper that Leigh-Anne spent hours on. There was no way Mr Perino will believe her dog literally ate her homework. Leigh-Anne kicked the side of her bed before calming herself down.

Leigh-Anne slipped on her black Mary Janes and made her way down the long twisting stairs of her house. Louisa, the maid, was dusting off pillows in the living room.

"Oh, Leigh-Anne, what are you doing here?" She questions as she sets down one of the turquoise pillows.

"I overslept," Leigh-Anne said and let out a long sigh.

"Do you need a ride? I'll be happy to take you," Louisa said, dusting off another pillow.

"It's fine, really," Leigh-Anne replied as she piled her books into her bag.

"Leigh-Anne, it's not a problem. Get your lunch and I'll meet you out the front," the old woman smiled and placed down the pillow she had just finished dusting.

"Thank you," Leigh-Anne replied, politely.

The panicked teenager raced to the kitchen and grabbed the first things she found on the fridge and shoved them into her bag. Leigh-Anne pulled her phone from her pocket and quickly texted her best fiend.

Leigh
Vi, I overslept & Ducky actually ate my homework. Pray for me!!

Violet
We had homework?

Leigh
Not the point!

Leigh-Anne shoved her phone back into her pocket and sighed. Pulling her bag over her back, she made her way to the front door. She exited the house and went down to the garage where Louisa was waiting.

The car ride was silent, Leigh-Anne was trying to hold in tears of stress. She couldn't imagine the consequences of being late. A detention? Even the word made Leigh-Anne quiver with anxiety.

Soon enough, the car arrived at school. Leigh-Anne thanked Louisa and began running into the school. She raced down the vacant hallways, clinging onto her skirt so I wouldn't fly up.

She reached the history room where there was already a blonde girl standing at the door. Perrie Edwards. A girl that fascinated Leigh-Anne. Perrie was extremely popular and loved by everyone, except the teachers. She couldn't care less about her education which always confused Leigh-Anne.

Leigh-Anne appeared behind Perrie, all eyes falling on her face.

"Sorry I'm late, I-" Leigh-Anne was cut short by Mr Perino.

"Homework?" The old teacher muttered.

"Um, funny story," Leigh-Anne began to fiddle with her fingers as she felt every pair of eyes burn a hole in her skull, including Perrie's.

"Detention," he declared, "Both of you."

Perrie shrugged and made her way to the back of the classroom while. Felt more tears of stress rise up in her dark drown orbs. She searched the sea of students for the comforting eyes of her best friend, but instead they met with Andre Gray. Her crush of three years, of course he had never noticed her so the relationship was going nowhere.

Leigh-Anne took her usual seat that was at the front of her class and hung her head down low. She didn't look up once, she just listened to Mr Perino ramble on about the exam.

Finally, the bell rang, letting the class go to second period. Leigh-Anne began to pack away all of her stuff into her bag when she felt a hot huff of air fan on the back of her neck.

"I'll see you in detention, curly," A Gerodie accent whispered into Leigh-Anne's ear.

Leigh-Anne turned around quickly to see Perrie walked away from her desk. Leigh-Anne ran her hand over her fuzzy Afro and pursed her lips.

"You a'ight Leigh?" Violet spoke, making Leigh-Anne jump.

"Yeah..." Leigh-Anne sighs and begins packing away her things again.

"Leigh, I need to tell you something important but I feel like this is the wrong time," Violet said, playing either her beautiful blonde hair. Leigh-Anne was always jealous of Violets completion. She had beautiful light green eyes and light blonde hair. She had a handful of freckles dotted on her nose and plump lips.

"Tell me at lunch," Leigh-Anne smiled weakly as she swings her bag over her back.

"Okay, bye," she says and flashes a smile before disappearing out of the classroom.

Leigh-Anne quickly made her way to A.P English, not wanting to get any more detentions. She took a seat next to the one and only, Andre Gray. Leigh-Anne had never been more thankful when Ms Watson had placed him next to her.

The class went by quickly as they were going through an analyzing a book, which was one of Leigh-Anne favorites. Sadly, the bell signaled for the class to go to lunch. Although she was sad that her favorite class was over, she was curious as to what Violet had to tell her.

Rushing from the classroom, Leigh-Anne made it to her locker in seconds and packed away all her books. Finally, her day was falling into place. Or so she thought.

Leigh grabbed her lunch sack and made her way to the table when she met Violet everyday. A small grin spread across the tan-skinned girls face as she sat across from her best friend, who had a very different expression.

"Vi, why do you look so upset?" Leigh-Anne questioned and pulled out an apple from her lunch sack.

"Please don't be mad," Violet started, her gaze falling into her lap.

"What's wrong?" Leigh-Anne questioned, her whole body began to become tense.

"I-I'm-" Violet was quickly cut short when Andre made his way over to the table, making Leigh-Anne begin to shake with excitement.

However, that excited soon disappeared when Andre swung his arm around Violet. Leigh-Anne gaze shifted between the two, her mouth hung open.

"You're dating... Andre?" Tears welled up in Leigh-Anne's eyes as she stared at them.

"Please don't be mad, you're my best friend."

Leigh-Anne prursed her lips before opening her mouth and saying, "Well, you're certainly not mine."

The broken-hearted girl sprung from her seat and grabbed her lunch. She felt sick to her stomach as she stormed away from her backstabbing ex-best friend. She stormed back into the school and ran to the nearest bathroom, trying to hold back anymore tears but failing.

She entered the washroom and placed her glasses on the bench. Leigh-Anne wet her hands slightly and rubbed them on her face. How could she do that? Leigh-Anne thought to herself as more tears dropped down her tanned face. However, her sobs came to holt then a toilet flush came from an occupied cubicle.