CHAPTER 4: "Can I stay with you for a while?"

I woke up feeling quite lowly. I didn't know why, maybe because it was just 6am. Such a rare moment, me waking up so early.

I jogged my way downstairs to pour me a bowl of Chocolate Cheerios. I finished it in a couple minutes and I decided to get back to my room since I was too lazy to do anything.

I grabbed my phone from my desk and sat on a beanbag near the window of my room. I unlocked my phone to read a text message from Nash. He said something about wanting to go skate with me again. I wasn't really certain though, something about me seemed just seemed off. I was thinking it was because of Claire trying to hop on my dick to get Nash to talk to her.

Why are these crazy thoughts trying to invade my head? Nash isn't my property. Why does the idea of losing him to Claire even exist? He wasn't my boyfriend. He wasn't mine. And if he meets Claire, he's gonna find her attractive. That's given. Everyone does. Literally everyone. The thought kills me.

I've been called cute before, maybe beautiful and sexy or hot, but I wasn't half as attractive as Claire. Her skin was perfect, her eyes were so green it hurts, her long, straight blonde hair fell perfectly to her hips. She's the model type if you ask me, the type that Brandon Boyd would date.

Wait.. Why was I suddenly so insecure? I wasn't usually like that. I never gave two shits about my look. Never ever. Now every single flaw I had, I started noticing.

My eyes started to flutter as I laid back down on the bed. I was about to get sleepy again.. Then my phone began ringing.

It was Nash. All of my reflexes went nuts.

"H-hello?" I stuttered on the line.

"Hey, beaut. Did I wake you?" He asked in such a low tone.

Yeah you did, you hot bastard. I was almost falling asleep again, you know. But how can I complain?

"Umm no", I lied. "I surprisingly woke up too damn early today. Heh."

"Well good cos I'm in your front door." He said then hung up.

I sat for a good minute with my jaws dropped. What the fuck, Nash?

I suddenly snapped back to reality and ran towards the mirror to fix my hair. I brushed my teeth and washed my face as quickly as possible. I was wearing a loose white shirt and some Iron Man boxers but I didn't really care that much.

I ran and almost tripped while making my way to the front door. I slowly twisted the knob and the door creaked open.

He was really there, no shit. And he looked like a total mess. Whoah. His hair was everywhere. He was wearing a gray Lacrosse shirt and some sweatpants along with his usual white Vans. He looked sad, too. But still sizzling hot.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" I blurted, pulling his arms along with me to the living room couch, locking the front door behind us. I got him to sit as I went to the kitchen to get him a glass of water.

When I came back, his hands were on his face, elbows rested on his lap. Was he crying?

I slowly put the glass of water on the living room table and sat beside him. I had doubts but I knew I had to comfort him. I brought my hands to his back and started rubbing circles on it.

He put his hand away from his face and looked at me, he had some tears streaming down his eyes. I wiped them away with my thumb and he gave me a weak smile.

"Talk to me", I told him.

Our eyes were glued to each other's.

"My parents are getting a divorce." He replied.